FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 13 Visual C++ runtime error?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Diels
Vegas Pro 13 Visual C++ runtime error?
on Dec 10, 2015 at 12:41:55 am

Hey guys,

Over the last two weeks or so I have been experiencing some problems while editing my GoPro-footage in Sony Vegas 13. For some reason, this error (concerning Visual C++ runtime library) keeps popping up:

http://s23.postimg.org/j5p5hoc17/error.jpg

I have already tried to reinstall Vegas, but that does not make a difference.

Any clues on what to do? I can't work on any edits, because the program keeps shutting down.

Thanks,
William

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: Vegas Pro 13 Visual C++ runtime error?
on Dec 10, 2015 at 3:44:09 am

That is an error from the Go Pro Studio software. Try updating it or reinstalling. It is the one that installs that Cineform dll.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:10:45 am

I just happened to get the same error after my last post. I just dragged onto the timeline about a dozen clips that I had rendered using cineform. Not sure if it was the Windows update I applied just before or just the way I brought those clips to the timeline. I will share if I find out more tonight.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 10, 2015 at 5:53:57 pm

Update. I chose ignore a few times and the clips ended up on the timeline and other than that assertion message, it appears it worked fine. I tried a new project and dragged one clip and then two clips, etc to the timeline to see if it was the number of clips at one time that caused the error. I did not get an error with that test. I have not noticed any issues yet once they are on the timeline with editing them and playback.

Return to posts index

William Diels
on Dec 11, 2015 at 4:51:58 am
Last Edited By William Diels on Dec 11, 2015 at 4:56:14 am

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your replies. I will try reinstalling the GoPro software. I just discovered that the error only occurs with the AVI-files converted with GoPro studio. I have some problems with editing my GoPro footage in Vegas (but I asked that question in this topic: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/995264)

I will see if I get any responses in the other topic and otherwise I will try and work around the assertion error.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 11, 2015 at 2:13:17 pm

Did you uninstall this with any luck with no errors?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

William Diels
on Dec 12, 2015 at 4:59:03 am

I am about to reinstall GoPro Studio.

Should I also re-render the original files to avi with GoPro studio?

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 12, 2015 at 6:05:22 pm

The assertion error looks to be file I/O related, so I tried changing the Sony Vegas Pro Option/Preferences/General and unchecked "Close media files when not the active application". I restarted Sony Vegas after making that change and completed working on my project without getting that error again. See if that makes a difference for you too.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Feb 9, 2016 at 3:32:19 am

I had been dealing with this issue since I reinstalled my machine just before Xmas.

What I had done is install the last free Cineform codec that is available from the cineform web site. I do have a Studio Premium license of Cineform. The reason I did this was the activation part of the cineform web site was not functioning. It returned a web based error once I entered all my details. So I forged on to attempt to fix this.

Well I never fixed it. I tried the Vegas preference suggested by Mark but no luck. I tried recreating the avi cineform files that appeared to be causing the problem inside Vegas but no luck.

What did fix it was the web site activation is working again. I got a new code for Studio Premium for the hardware change and all is fine again.

Sorry its not a fix but it might at least give some insight. Why the Free version should have issues and the Premium not ?

Steve

Amongst Projects
--------- Sound, Visual and Electronic Content
projects.amongstmyselves.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]