FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disable resampling - necessary procedure?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Kopchu
Disable resampling - necessary procedure?
on Dec 4, 2015 at 9:21:06 pm

When it comes time to render my project out to be burned to DVD, I've come across some people telling me to make sure that I disable resampling. What exactly is this, and why should I do it? This link gives me some insight, saying

Sony Vegas has a method of interpreting frame rates of video projects and automatically “resamples” – or adjusts the frame rate of your source video clips to better co-operate with your selected frame rate for your video project.

Sony Vegas Pro 13 asked me before I started my project if I wanted to match my FPS settings to that of my source clips, which I said yes to. 23.976 FPS, which is a setting I can choose when rendering the project out to for DVD burning.

Basically, if Vegas matched my source clips FPS settings, and I can render the project out in this format, is disable resampling something I really need to do, or no (assuming I'm understanding what exactly disable resampling is)?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Disable resampling - necessary procedure?
on Dec 5, 2015 at 2:08:53 am

[Seth Kopchu] "Basically, if Vegas matched my source clips FPS settings, and I can render the project out in this format, is disable resampling something I really need to do, or no (assuming I'm understanding what exactly disable resampling is)?"
Nope no need. If you project and your source and your render template all use the same FPS... there is absolutely no need to disable resample.

Disable resample is only for people who like to shoot 60p/50p and deliver 30p/25p. Even if you shoot 29.97 and deliver 23.976 you don't have to disable resample and, in fact, you want to resample in that case because you need it to smoothly convert between frame rates. It's really 50p to 25p and 60p to 30p that get messed up because Vegas Pro does't know how to handle that conversion properly.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]