FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad up-scaling?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn steele
Bad up-scaling?
on Dec 4, 2015 at 8:17:23 am

Just a silly project helping kids @ school, but some of the source is really icky 854x480 because it came in by email. I'm working to get the source better, however meanwhile it's in the 1080p project I'm working on. I expect the source to scale up and be blurry, but I'm getting jagged lines. Originally I thought there was an interlace problem, but that's not it, the source & project are progressive.

So: anyone seen something like this where it doesn't do a good job upscaling source video smoothly? Any suggestions? Vegas 11.

Return to posts index

shawn steele
Re: Bad up-scaling?
on Dec 4, 2015 at 8:22:37 am

Hmm, so since I put the version in the post that made me wonder about Vegas 13, which I happened to be trying.... It works fine there, same project. So maybe there's some sort of setting I can tweak to make it happy?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 4, 2015 at 2:14:42 pm

Maybe something is really telling you to grab a copy of Vegas Pro 13 and done lol.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

shawn steele
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:31:37 pm

> Maybe something is really telling you to grab a copy of Vegas Pro 13 and done lol.

Well, this is more of a hobby/helping school thing than a paid gig, and it's a bit expensive for that :)

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 4, 2015 at 3:04:55 pm

Are the jagged lines in the preview window? If so, double check you are using Best and Full for the quality to compare. When rendering, you need to set it from Good to Best in the Project properties for "full-resolution rendering quality" setting, since you are re-sizing content on the timeline.

Return to posts index

shawn steele
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:41:32 pm

Yes, they're in the preview window, best, full & pre-rendering don't help. Project properties quality didn't help either :( Rendering and preview look identical.

Trying to attach a pix, as you can see it looks like horrid interlacing, but the input doesn't say it's interlaced, it plays fine elsewhere, and stepping frame-by-frame in 13 looks fine, except for the trial watermark and the artifacts because the input's so low rez.

Clearly upgrading might help, but that's $ that could go to something else at the school.

Return to posts index

shawn steele
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:48:45 pm

Clearly I didn't know how images work here:

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Dec 4, 2015 at 5:33:58 pm

How do your project settings compare between Vegas 11 and 13? Did Vegas 13 set the properties to the lower resolution, usually it offers to set the project to the media you first drag to the timeline. Do you really need 1080P delivery for this school project? I have done some of these, only to end up showing it on a lower resolution projector or people wanting DVDs rather than BluRays. No software is going to add detail to the source, so I would choose not to scale the lowres media and make it more of a picture in picture format than trying to scale to full screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]