FORUMS: list search recent posts

What I See In Vegas Lies Once It Is Rendered

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
What I See In Vegas Lies Once It Is Rendered
on Dec 3, 2015 at 9:06:16 pm

I just spent 30 plus hours editing a video adjusting subtitles and individual frames throughout

When I render it out I can see just 1 single frame before or after what I actually edited, this means that every single part where I changed the frame is not the actual frame, most of the time I would look for a shot change and put the very first frame of the new shot change in its place, but it is not that frame, for some reason it will show 1 frame before it or 1 frame after, this means that I will have quick flashes of stuff that I do not want, I also blacked out when subtitles would stay way to long at the bottom by putting over black, and would check to see where the very last frame is that had the subtitle on it, and would put the black over top of it on the last frame, I left the next frame empty because the film contained on that frame no subtitles so why put black over noting right? Well now it turns out when its rendered I can see those subtitles for one frame really quick and it does not make sense because if its perfect in Vegas, then why would it not be how it is in Vegas once its rendered?

I checked the properties of my project and the frame rate is 29.976, and the MP4 with both of the MP4 saving options were both the same frame rate 29.976!

Please tell me if there is a way to change this, I really don't think I can handle going through that hell again of changing everything one frame ahead extra or two backwards and rendering out literally almost a thousand times just to play each part back to see if it looks how it looks in Vegas

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: What I See In Vegas Lies Once It Is Rendered
on Dec 3, 2015 at 9:08:18 pm

I meant to say (23.976) Not 29 frames

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 4, 2015 at 8:18:20 am

I simply dont understand why you need to be blocking out and filling
parts/frames etc of your edit. Im kinda understanding what you are saying,
but doing all that is not usually normal, nor necessary!
Are you changing anything in the Customize tab in the render as window?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Dec 4, 2015 at 10:04:16 am

It's a very complicated project, I used Handbrake to burn in permanent subtitles for a movie, and the movies both have different english subtitles, I tried to get better ones but these were the best ones available, So I rendered out a non-sub version, and two more with the different english subtitles, the reason I did this is because the subs are so bad they will appear before talking is going on and sometimes stays longer than needed, so since there was black bars on the tops and bottoms I realized I could black out the subtitles and use the cookie cutter tool in Vegas to completely customize the subs exactly how I wanted!

So I did that to every single subtitle, and the thing is since I had two seperate tracks of the movie just with different subtitles I would switch back and forth, the reason being is it seemed certain things were translated better at different parts in each version, so whenever I came to something in the subtitles that looked questionable I would just switch to the other version and use that video track with the better subs, and as you can imagine when the subtitles change in a scene its sometimes just 1 frame away from each other, so lets say the subtitles end in version A and the next frame had bad subs, I wanted to use the subs from version B, so I switch to version B and put it right beside Version A obviously so the video will still be in sync, so when I play this in Vegas it is correct, the frames that go from Version A to Version B is normal there is nothing wrong here

But once it is rendered out all of a sudden I can see a quick flash inbetween what I actually correctly cut! sure enough, its the next frame in version A that has the subs that I DID NOT WANT TO USE, my project settings are 23.976 and the file is rendered out at 23.976 so I don't understand why it is different once its rendered.

This is probably one of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed in Vegas

One thing I might note is I had two video tracks with 2 seperate videos right ontop of each other, I looked at parts frame by frame and noticed that there was a repeat of the same frame, and it just so happened to be at the end of a cut, so i figured I may have just accidentally moved it one frame over (Before I explain further, imagine this, I have two seperate videos stacked ontop of each other, both of them are the EXACT same length, the same frame rate, same everything, the one on top is the movie with no subtitles, and the one underneath is the one with the subs burned into the picture)

So when I don't want these subs to appear I will make a cut on the top video (which is the no subs version) where I want the non subs to begin and since I make sure these two tracks are always in sync I know when I cut the top track at the start point and end point I can make the subtitles disappear for how long I want.

I'm sorry it's so crazy to explain this I hope you can follow!

So now I on the top track I have a start to the cut and an end, I go through this frame by frame to see how it transitions from Version A to Version B to see how the removing of the subs at whatever time looks to make sure its good, and at the end of the cut when it switches back to the subtitle version there is two of the same repeated frames? So I thought oh I must have just moved the top over by one frame right? So to see if this is absoulutley true I check the beginning of the cut and sure enough it is not effected! I compare the beggining of that cut to the bottom track that has the burned in subs and the frames are EXACTLY the same!? How did I fix this? ALL I DID was grab the top track (the non sub version) and just move it up ONE TRACK and then magically for some reason that frame that was missing is there all of a sudden?

I put the clip back down and zoomed up as far as I can go, and to my surprise I found a VERY TINY mini transition line merging that merges into the next clip if its beside something!? It just is so strange because if these clips are both the same frame rate then why would it be doing that?

Anyway, what I ended up doing was just moving every single edit I did for the clips that were doing that back by 1 FRAME and now in Vegas it appears to be perfect, but then again I feel like it will be hit or miss because I could have sworn it looked perfect before I rendered it the first time, I almost feel like the clips were edited properly and then they got thrown off by one frame for no reason, OMG I sound crazy, I think Vegas is driving me crazy! I went through my video again CAREFULLY and everything is perfect, I will just have to wait and see what rendering it gets me

Sorry for the long post

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:25:53 pm

Not completely following what you are doing, but is it possible the events are being influenced by keyframes either in the Event Pan/Crop of the events, the Track Motion for the track, or the Parent Motion? I have run into something similar to this where I used some Digital Juice templates that had motion graphics (which consisted of literally hundreds of keyframes for a given event) that had to be individually changed.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]