FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing corrupt clip metadata? Specifically clip length

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Jeschke
Fixing corrupt clip metadata? Specifically clip length
on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:55:09 pm

I'm helping my father with a home project, converting all the old VHS to digital. Unfortunately, the capture device he used didn't properly save clip length on any of the clips.

I'm assuming this is in the clip metadata. Does anybody know of a clip metadata editor? Something that could be used to correct the clip length? It seems players that ignore the length play the clip, but those which don't like vegas don't play it back completely.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

FYI ~ They used a VHS to DVD machine and copied off the VOB files so he can edit and clean them up.

--------------------------------------

I do Architectural Photograph & Cinematography as a part of being a Residential Real Estate Consultant.

Some of my work can be seen at,
http://www.youtube.com/keystoaz/
http://www.keystoaz.com/

PS. It's an excellent excuse to ride of what I love, Camera equipment :)

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Fixing corrupt clip metadata? Specifically clip length
on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:02:48 pm

Before you do any editing, try this trick and see if it helps at all.
The advantage to using this method is that the entire project comes in as one long file and there are no audio gaps like you get if you import multiple VOB files :)

Click File / Open, then navigate to your VIDEO_TS sub directory and enter *.IFO in the File name input field.
For a regular DVD you will see a VIDEO_TS.IFO, and a VTS_01_0.IFO.
Select the VTS_01_0.IFO file and click on Open.

Copy the DVD to a folder on your hard drive first.
Don't try this on a DVD disk because Vegas will try to build an .sfk file containing audio peaks in the VIDEO_TS directory and it won;t be able to save it so it could mess things up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]