FORUMS: list search recent posts

usb controller for sony vegas pro 8

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kathreen anachioti
usb controller for sony vegas pro 8
on Nov 29, 2015 at 8:22:23 am

good morning to all,

i am looking for a controller for my sony vegas pro 8 for some smooth fade ins/out and i ask please to know if the novation launch controller can do the job

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Novation-Controller-Encoders-Launchpads-LaunchPad/d...

the bigger novation controller is for ableton live but i don't know if it can be used with sony vegas as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVATION-LAUNCHCONTROL-XL-Computer-Controllers/dp/B...

many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: usb controller for sony vegas pro 8
on Dec 1, 2015 at 4:41:06 pm

Why are you not using the built-in fades in Vegas? If you hover over either end of your media event (clip), towards the top, you should see a pop-up message, "Fade offset 00:00:00:00". If you grab the little blue triangle at the top (front or back) edge of the event, you can pull the fade out to whatever time you want.

If you right-click on the new fade area you create, you have choices of the "type" of fade that is employed.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

kathreen anachioti
on Dec 2, 2015 at 7:08:47 pm

hi dear andrew and i thank you so much for the reply

i have tried to edit fade in/out (7.15 seconds) but with the mouse is not as precise as with a controller (fader)

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Dec 2, 2015 at 8:21:48 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but if you zoom in on your timeline, you can adjust the length of fade in/out to the exact number of seconds/frames you want. Not saying it's wrong, but 7.15 is a LOOOOOOONG fade in or out. If you could describe a little more what you're trying to get as the end result, perhaps I (or someone else) could give you more direction.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

kathreen anachioti
on Dec 4, 2015 at 2:29:32 pm

hi dear andrew and i thank you so much for your interest

i am not trying to accomplish anything special

i am trying to create some slideshows and i need a smooth fade ins/out but it is tricky with mouse to have that precise time of lets say seven or less seconds

i have tried to create some very smooth fade ins/out with my mouse but i think a hardware device or better saying a controller will do the job perfectly

i am not sure if i can upload a sample of my job on the forum jut to see what i am doing
(my own music with some photos)

thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:16:38 pm

Kathreen,

Forgive me, but I'm not clear at what level of understanding you are with Vegas. Your statement that you, "have tried to create some very smooth fade ins/out with my mouse" leads me to believe you are not aware that you can zoom in and out on the timeline. In the screen shot below, I have added a picture of duration of 5.00 seconds to Track 1 of the timeline. Notice how it only takes up a small portion of the viewable timeline.

In the picture below, I have grabbed the right end of the timeline zoom bar and moved it to the left to effectively zoom in on the event added to Track 1. Notice that the timeline scale has increased (and the event takes up more of the viewable timeline), but the event is still only 5.00 seconds long.

Then depending how you are doing your fadeout/fade in's:
1) You can have your individual pic/vid events placed end to end (with NO overlap) and add fade in's and out's to the ends of each event. This will have the effect of each picture fading in from black, showing the event, then fading to black before the next event then fades in from black, views and fades out. See how this is done on the timeline picture below. This is DIFFERENT from the last screen shot, where
2) the pic/vid events are actually OVERLAPPED on each other, which will cause the first pic/vid to fade directly to the second pic/vid (with no intermittent fade to black). Either is OK (I've use both methods), but the overall presentation to the viewer is a little different. Hope this helps.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

kathreen anachioti
on Dec 5, 2015 at 10:16:41 am

hi dear andrew and i wish to thank you once again very very much for your tutorial

i think we are talking about the same thing regarding overlapped

i am sending you my link to download my slideshow just to see what i have done so you can judge

sorry, the slide show was created few days back before your reply

https://www.sendspace.com/file/42s1f4

the file is windows media

i know that i have to play with sony vegas settings

i thank you gain

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Dec 6, 2015 at 3:12:47 am

I viewed your slideshow... looks like you have figured it out fine. You can add a little more "zip" by using the Pan/Crop tool for each pic/clip and slowly pan across or zoom in or out on the pictures. This just helps the show to seem more cinematic than "just" a slideshow.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

kathreen anachioti
on Dec 6, 2015 at 4:18:06 pm

hi dear andrew

i am very glad that you like my video

i thank you very much

yes, i know that i have to seat down and to play with vegas settings in order to be able to produce better videos

i thank you again

ok, you can close this tread

Return to posts index

Brad Leigh
on Dec 7, 2015 at 9:49:37 pm

I Like the Presonus Fader Port. I use it with protools in windows. I haven't tried it with Vegas yet but should work see attached like. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/webhelp/vegaspro/12/ENU/Content/Using_a...
Brad

i7 2600 3.4 Ghz 16 Gig Ram , Win 7 Pro, AMD R280, Vegas Pro 12

Return to posts index

kathreen anachioti
on Dec 9, 2015 at 4:30:05 pm

hi dear brad and i thank you for your kind reply

yes, i know presonus brand

it seems that presonus offer very good sound quality at affordable prices !

i think m-audio fastrack c600 is a better choice for me because it is an audio interface and controller and the price is very cheap at euros 150

many thanks again to all for the replies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]