FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a custom subtitle box where background colour ONLY is as big as the sentence (i.e. like closed captions on tv)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
How to make a custom subtitle box where background colour ONLY is as big as the sentence (i.e. like closed captions on tv)
on Nov 25, 2015 at 10:35:29 am

Hi,
When I make closed captions on sony vegas 13 pro, they look like they do on TV with the black backgroun box only as big as the sentence.
However, i want open captions burned in to the movie so I'm converting them to title/text boxes (via Vegasaurus) and then rendering.
title/text boxes only allow a 'shadow' around the individual text, not a background box.
So, I'm putting the first track as my title/text box (white text on transparent background).
second track as a solid colour (black) strip at base of movie.
third and fourth tracks are video and audio.
I wouldlike to know:

(a) is it possible to give an instruction to have a title/text box that is the length of the sentence only, when text is variable (i.e. some long sentences, some short)?
(b) How do I make a custom generated media title/text box that is black box background (if variable not possible, then a strip the widith of footage is fine) AND text. Do I have to do it as 2 different tracks as I am now or is there a less fiddly option?
(c) the reason I want it 'together' as a title/text box is because then I can change/move that individual box every now and then if needed.
At the moment - to move my captions - I have to stop the solid colour (track 2) and start a new one so that it can be put in another position, then bring the original back after the move, and then go to the title/text box in track 1 and move the individual text so that it's over the box in the new position.
hope that makes sense.
thanks.
PS (I have been recommende to use Maccaption with the add-on that makes captions 'open' however the add-on that allows that doesn't seem to be supported by maccaption on PC, only on macs, which I don't have. )

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: How to make a custom subtitle box where background colour ONLY is as big as the sentence (i.e. like closed captions on tv)
on Nov 26, 2015 at 10:03:27 am

You can use special fonts for closed captions. The first link in Google: http://www.ccfonts.com/

Vegasaur.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]