FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing project settings in one project has affected all other existing projects. (Vegas pro 13)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Johnstone
Changing project settings in one project has affected all other existing projects. (Vegas pro 13)
on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:06:56 pm

Hi guys, I need some help!

Recently a client who got married in Spain asked me to film his reception in the UK, and edit the footage that he shot on gopro from Spain together with footage I shot from the Canon C100 in the UK.

I edited all my footage from the reception first in one project, as I normally do with the standard 1920x1080, 25.000 fps settings. Everything was fine.

The footage he shot in Spain seemed to be in 30fps and NTSC (If that makes a difference). The speeches and ceremony were also filmed vertically. I created a new project to edit and render this out to mp4 separately as I didn't know how to edit footage in varying frame rates together in one project. My intention was to then import it back in to the project of footage I had shot and edited earlier.

As it was vertical, I played about with the Event Pan Crop until I worked out how to make it fit horizontally, by enlarging and zooming in to fill the whole preview screen. It worked. I also had the project properties matching the 30fps source. (Or at least I think I did!)

Unfortunately, when opening back up all my other Sony Vegas projects, every one of them now seems to have the same zoomed in effect in the preview window that I applied to the vertical gorpo footage. It seems that changing the properties in one project has affected the properties and behaviour in every single one of my sony vegas projects. (This is a huge problem as I have about six or seven paid weddings and conferences i'm working on at the same time and they are all affected)

I have made sure the preview window properties and projects properties are all back to 1920x1080, 25.000, and it doesnt look zoomed in while looking at the event pan crop window. However the preview window makes the footage look really zoomed in.

I hope someone can understand what i'm trying to explain, and more importantly, knows a solution!

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Changing project settings in one project has affected all other existing projects. (Vegas pro 13)
on Nov 24, 2015 at 8:23:29 pm

This may not help at all, but......

Once I inadvertantly unchecked "Scale Video to Fit Preview Window"

Right click on preview window for pop-up menu, check Scale Video to Fit Preview Window, setting.

Best Regards....George

Return to posts index

Scott Johnstone
Re: Changing project settings in one project has affected all other existing projects. (Vegas pro 13)
on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:30:15 pm

BINGO! Worked perfectly, thanks George!!

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:57:32 pm

....I'm a novice compared to many other members on this board, but glad I could help with a quick fix.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]