FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatically add video on audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Augustinas Buizina
Automatically add video on audio
on Nov 23, 2015 at 12:45:58 am

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate if anyone could help me in this situation. Sorry for my poor english.

I'm making visualisations for music, and the visuals are synced with sounds. Every sound has a specific visual element in seperate .avi files exported from Flash. For example, one track has 30 different samples in it, the track duration is about 8 minutes and each sample has a different visual element.

Currently to make the visualisation I need to do everything manually - export the whole song with solo turned on each sample, so I have 30 audio tracks of these samples where they belong in the whole song, create a fraction of a second long video clip with Flash for every sample, and then the part where I get stuck for a few weeks - looking at audio peaks and inserting video clips manually as close as possible to the samples, so they would be perfectly synced.

Something like this:

As you can see this is not an audio reactive software generated clip, and I hope you get the idea how many hours of double clicking and scrolling went into this.

One track contains about 35 thousand uniquely placed, non repetitive samples, so copying a part and pasting it is not a solution.

I was wondering if there is some kind of software/plugin/extension, that can automatically insert video clips on sound or keyframes from audio like it does with effects. Like automatically adding a specified clip, or clips, on keyframes with a higher value of "x", on the whole track.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody would give me any help on how it would be possible to make it any faster. It would take me more than a few months of nothing but double clicking to make this kind of visual for the whole album.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Automatically add video on audio
on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:39:42 am

[Augustinas Buizina] "I would greatly appreciate if somebody would give me any help on how it would be possible to make it any faster."

Well, and until you get a better offer, try out the FREE Gary James TimeLine Tools with its Audio Tools!

Gary James's TimeLine Tools and then the actual Audio Tool

What this will do for you is to create MARKERS at the points where there are "changes" in the audio profile. So, Bass width or less and so on. Once you have your MARKERS in place then you can use a Script, I'd be using Johnny "VASST" Rofrano's magnificent Still Motion - 9 BUX US - to then place a STILL/Frame at the Marker position.

So, workflow to try out:

1] Using TimeLine Tools > Create Markers to Audio profile

2] Using StillMotion STILLS/Frames to Markers

Now, if this all holds together for you, I estimate the actual process time should take you no more than 10 minutes - tops! - But this is digital IT stuff and there aint no assurances. Now, death and taxes . . whole other ball game.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Augustinas Buizina
on Nov 23, 2015 at 11:10:32 pm
Last Edited By Augustinas Buizina on Nov 23, 2015 at 11:13:50 pm

Thank you very much! TimeLine tools worked great, markers are at the exact time with the samples. This is already speeding up my work, because I don't need to scroll which takes most of the time.

I googled Stillmotion, and read about it, what it can do and so on. Didn't find anything about adding video clips at markers, so I guess I need to search for a script or write it myself, even if I don't know how. I don't really want to spend money on a program I don't know if it's capable of being a solution.

Is there any other program that could insert video events/clips on markers?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:06:50 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:26:23 am

[Augustinas Buizina] ". Didn't find anything about adding video clips at markers, so I guess I need to search for a script or write it myself, even if I don't know how."
I just tested some MOV video and that it appears to have worked. I've just "lifted" this from the Help file: "If you are using video media instead of still images with PhotoMontage, remember to select both the video and the audio if you want them to stay in sync."

Here's the dropdown Menu for Files that can be imported:

And here are a MASS of MOV clips placed at the Markers I just generated/created using TLT.

Maybe John Rofrano would be so kind to make a comment.

G

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 25, 2015 at 6:23:30 am

Well, have you got any further?

G

Return to posts index

Augustinas Buizina
on Nov 25, 2015 at 10:07:42 pm
Last Edited By Augustinas Buizina on Nov 25, 2015 at 10:08:06 pm

Thanks for your help and support. ;)

I see that it is possible to automatically add videos to markers but sadly at this time I just don't have spare 70 dollars, the whole cooling system on my car just geysered, so anything that costs will have to wait. But in the future I'm sure to buy this software.

Currently with markers automatically added to the sound I manage to create a full visualisation in a few hours using CTRL+cursors, so this is like 30 times faster. Thanks a lot. You just saved my education.

Thanks for your advice again and have a nice day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]