FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video flickers when rendered - yet again!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandra poderon
Video flickers when rendered - yet again!
on Nov 21, 2015 at 8:46:41 pm

Hello all Please help!

I know I know, subject has been dealt with countless times. I've really tried all suggestions, I'm at the end of my rope...beside hammering the PC to pieces, I don't know what else to do...

My rendering used to work flawlessly a year ago, unfortunately don't know what I did to create the problem.

Here's the situation:
-Camcorder : Panasonic AVCCAM AG-HMC40P
-I'm using sony Vegas 13 pro (latest version 453) - win 7 64bit - Graphic card : AMD Radeon HD6670 (for now)
-I say for now because I thought it might be the other graphic card I had (GeForce GTX 760)
-Motherboard : ASUSTeK - AMD FX(tm)-8350 8 core processor
-32 gig RAM

Redering is perfect when NO TRANSITION effect is applied, meaning only regular crossfades. Video flickers when rendered only happens in transitions when I apply a transition effect from 1 clip to the other. Flickers are sometimes blackouts, sometimes they are white flashes and sometimes are flashbacks of other clips, so weird!!!

I've tried so many suggestions and combinations of suggestions...and I've read many many threads from different forums :
-Turning the GPU On/Off (rendering still flickers)
-Rendering CPU only from template (rendering still flickers)
-Rendering with OpenCL or CUDA (rendering still flickers)
-Completely uninstalled and reinstalled Vegas, someone suggested Adobe Photoshop CC installs DLLs that can come in conflict with Sony Vagas...what's the relation between Photoshop and Vegas ? No idea, but tried it anyway (rendering still flickers)
-Uninstalled ALL other CODEC from the system (rendering still flickers)
-Smart resample or disable resample of clips (rendering still flickers)
-Chosen the "Match media video setting" thought maybe I had the wrong template (rendering still flickers)
-Rendered with different formats : mainconcept MP4, sony Mp4...wmv and AVI (ALL renderings still flicker)
-Opened Vegas with Windows Vista compatibility (rendering still flickers)
-Rendered whole movie to a new layer CTRL-M (rendering still flickers)
-Tried the nested way : when we drag a vegas project to new document (rendering still flickers)

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, any suggestion I've not discovered yet ? Would be greatly appreciated..beside lighting a candle for Jesus
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Video flickers when rendered - yet again!
on Nov 22, 2015 at 5:16:47 am

Yes, I hear you. I'm supposing that the flickering are "black" frames? I've had both this AND inverted fields within a Progressive frame (yes!) within the same frame. I ended up with a forest of Markers identifying just where the black frames occurred.

Solution? I rendered a Digital Intermediary (DI) using Lagarith and from there used Mainconcept for my DVD MPEG2. This approach killed the black frames.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

sandra poderon
on Nov 22, 2015 at 11:19:21 am

I guess the next thing to try is to reinstall a fresh clean Windows and only vegas to see if it's not a software problem!

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Nov 22, 2015 at 1:21:39 pm

Hi Sandra,

I, too, have a Panasonic AG-HMC40P and have occasionally had some strange 'flickering' as you have described. But thankfully, it has only been on occasion.
Sometimes just changing the transition slightly, believe it or not has 'fixed' it. A change like increasing or decreasing the length of it or the like.

Does every type of transition you use cause this? Does it occur each time?
Are these Sony or 3rd party?

If you've read much here in the forum, you will see many will recommend a Project save, quit Vegas, re-open the project BEFORE rendering.

Have you tried the 'Sony reset' -- Hold CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking the Vegas icon?

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Michael Phelan
on Mar 4, 2016 at 2:07:34 am

Not sure if this will help but i had a similar issue caused by certain plugins. Gaussian blur and some transitions always caused a problem when rendered from progresssive to interlaced.
Again not sure if this helps but my solution was to insert a new video track on top,drop in a legacy text title, delete the default text but create an empty text space by clicing the space bar once.
Now you should have a blank text with an invisible space in it. Extend this title to the duration of your timeline.
When rendering the problem flickers are not created as the title text (blank with space) creates a buffer layer.
Works for me hope it helps your issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]