FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem creating Closed Captions in Chinese Mandarin on SVP 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ever Giron
Problem creating Closed Captions in Chinese Mandarin on SVP 13
on Nov 20, 2015 at 7:47:33 am

Has anyone ever done closed caption in Chinese Mandarin language? Sony Vegas 13 seems not to be able to read chinese characters. I need to do captions on a 30 second commercial. I tried pasting the lines in chinese language, and on the caption edit window you can see the characters fine, but nothing shows on the screen. When trying to export the captions as a file nothing gets exported. Is there any way to make them show?

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Problem creating Closed Captions in Chinese Mandarin on SVP 13
on Nov 21, 2015 at 2:50:49 pm

Define 'closed captions'.
Many people confuse closed captions (for broadcasting), subtitles (for DVD) and regular text captions.

Return to posts index

Ever Giron
on Nov 21, 2015 at 7:00:55 pm

The type of subtitle that does not come on the screen all the time, that you can call with your TV remote. But after calling a professional caption company they told me that Chinese characters can not be placed as that type of captions, only as subtitles, meaning, they have to be burnt on top of the video. At the end, I had to explain this to my client and ended up doing it myself as a title that appears all the time. The titler in Vegas does read and shows Chinese characters. I believe the closed caption editor of SV13 has only one font type that does not include Chinese characters.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:45:37 am

Afaik, you can only use ANSI characters in closed captions (it's a US standard).
DVD subtitles do not have such restrictions (you can switch them on/off with DVD remote).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]