FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i add a Powerpoint file to my timeline?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lindsay
How can i add a Powerpoint file to my timeline?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 6:56:29 pm

Hello

I am editing a video of a presenter with a PP show. i have the footage of the presenter and the PP file to intercut. so far so good. but Vegas 11 is not recognizing the .pptx Powerpoint file.

Is there a workaround for this so i can add it to my timeline and cut it?

Thank you,

Rob

Rob
Rob Lindsay Pictures, Nashville
Vegas 11 running on quad core Vista 64 w/ 6 Gigs RAM

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
Re: How can i add a Powerpoint file to my timeline?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 7:53:34 pm

OK, thank you -- i figured it out from a past post. But if there is a way to sharpen the jpegs on the timeline besides Sony Sharpen, that is designed for graphics, Please LMK -- thank you!

Rob
Rob Lindsay Pictures, Nashville
Vegas 11 running on quad core Vista 64 w/ 6 Gigs RAM

Return to posts index

Steve King
on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:59:01 pm

I export the Power Point slides as individual PNG images. That of course does not provide the animations that may be done with text and or images that the Power Point author may have incorporated. When those animations are important, I have used a screen capture software to grab those slides with animation individually. Those captures typically do not have the crispness particularly in the text that the exported PNG files do. After some explanation my clients accept that being it is what it is. I do use Sony sharpen occasionally. All that said, depending on the content of the slides I often shoot presenter with camera 1 and shoot the slides displayed on a 27 inch monitor that is fed in parallel with the VGA signal going to the overhead projector. I have tried using screen capture software to capture the image on the monitor, but I find that the camera image is more reliable than the screen capture software. The result is that I have a video that can be synced with the presenter's camera track. Then I either cut back and forth as appropriate, or if the client prefers I devote about the left third of the image to the presenter and the right 2/3rds to slides. That is certainly the least time consuming approach. All in all videos of Power Points and presenters are not my favorite way to create effective training, but we do what the client wants and wants to pay for.

Steve K
Full time writer/director
Pt. Time Video Editor

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
on Nov 21, 2015 at 1:00:50 am

Export from PP.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 21, 2015 at 2:19:16 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Nov 21, 2015 at 2:20:55 pm

Been a while since i use PP, But now you can create a MPEG-4 Video file
from within Power Point very easily! Unfortunately that feature is not
present in older versions.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>