FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with some project veg files suddenly not able to open please assist!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
Problem with some project veg files suddenly not able to open please assist!
on Nov 15, 2015 at 1:40:20 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Nov 15, 2015 at 2:17:12 pm

This started last few hours - I use sony vegas pro 13 several projects veg I have been working on last 10 days no longer open (some do some do not)
when you try it says vegas pro has stopped working

The show error problem details for one of the main ones in question is this;

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 373) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\sfvstwrap.dll
Fault Address: 0x00007FFC20E5FA91
Fault Offset: 0x000000000005FA91

In short it started after I had to do a reset to vegas pro using ctrl shift when rebooting sony vegas as a possible solution to get some render show favourite settings seemed to have disappeared

Wish I had not reset vegas oh well...

Note I did add two weeks some new Filter packages plugins and on opening reset version vegas 13 pro they are still there and seem to work fine still also some to be ok still there as plugins effects ones I recall I used on the project file as just tried adding them to test new media clips and they worked the effect fine still.

I have a Nvidia card not sure if any settings whatever needs to be redone under preferences because I reset vegas using crt shift etc?

as said some project veg open others don't yet they were done all within the last week so frustrating

Please let me know how to try some fixes urgently need to work on these projects veg etc for our website!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Problem with some project veg files suddenly not able to open please assist!
on Nov 15, 2015 at 3:45:48 pm

[jenny gold] "Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\sfvstwrap.dll"
The fault is happening in the dynamic link library called sfvstwrap.dll (which I assume is Sonic Foundry VST Wrapper).

VST's are audio plug-ins so it appears that some Audio VST Plug-in that you are using is causing the problem.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

jenny gold
Re: Problem with some project veg files suddenly not able to open please assist!
on Nov 15, 2015 at 4:39:30 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Nov 15, 2015 at 5:19:39 pm

I did some enhancements to audio using Izootope plugins on those veg files I can no longer open and yes Izotope seems they are now missing when I open up a new vegas project from scratch to see the izotope fxs have gone from doing it seems the vegas reset thing I mentioned !

I have no idea how to add them back to see if previous veg issues can then be opened as it was a while back we added Izotope any ideas please John?

Would doing maybe a pc windows 8 restore point to before the last 24 hours when I did vegas reset likely bring it all back?

Update

I went into vegas preferences and vst told it to look into C:Program FilesCommon FilesVST3iZotope
seems to be ok now and can open up the problematic veg file
HORRAY!

Thanks John for heads up bless you

But it does not appear to have added izotope any of them also the project file warning said this and others were missing Plug-in: 'iZotope RX 3 Declipper' failed to load. Please make sure the plug-in is properly installed.

so no idea why Izotope is not being added from the destination folder for VST and then even domne apply and rebooted vegas

Any ideas?

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Nov 15, 2015 at 5:45:04 pm

Hooray all done wrong folder for me it was telling vegas to look in Steinberg for Izotope and bring it all back i.e.

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins

again thanks for seeing it was audio related John the penny dropped then for me.

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 15, 2015 at 7:19:35 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Nov 16, 2015 at 1:13:00 pm

Glad you figured it out Jenny.

Yes, resetting Vegas Pro will change all if the preferences back to the default. The default folder for VST plug-ins is:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
So if you don't put your VST's in this folder, you need to tell Vegas Pro where you put them.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]