FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why am I getting visual noise on my rendered videos?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Hignett
Why am I getting visual noise on my rendered videos?
on Nov 11, 2015 at 2:58:29 pm

Hi Creative Cow,

I hope you can help me with a rather frustrating issue I've been having with my rendered speed painting videos. I have recently just started a Youtube channel for speed painting, this consists of a basic introduction to the video which is filmed and then screen footage of the painting itself.

I don't seem to have any issue with the live footage but on both episodes I have been having terrible 'noise' from the increased speed segments. I am not totally fluent with Sony Vegas so I am wondering if there is a better way I can go about rendering my videos. Here is the problem here:

My latest video (worst 'noise):

Previous video 'noise' still here:

I use a program called Bandicam to record my on screen footage which is saved as AVI files, this usually comes to about 2GB of footage per episode (anywhere between 7-12 hours of footage). I assume I should possibly compress the files before putting them into Sony Vegas here? How could I do this?

I then add them into Sony Vegas and change the playback rate of each individual clip to 4, then I insert a velocity envelope on all clips and slide this up to the top. I then rearrange all of the clips in order, save as a Sony Vegas file, open a new project - import the Vegas file to the stage as one clip then AGAIN change the play back rate of this to 4 and the velocity up to top or near top - this then makes it around 3-5 minutes long which is suitable for my speed painting video rather than the actual 7-12 hours of footage it was.

Is there something I should be doing differently to avoid this horrible interference, it is really ruining the quality of my videos and at the moment it takes around 8 hours to render.

Thank you very much for your time.

Lisa H

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Why am I getting visual noise on my rendered videos?
on Nov 12, 2015 at 1:12:48 pm

I believe your problem is with the codec that you use with Bandicam. One solution would be to convert the file to Motion-JPEG format with a tool like AviDemux 2.5 before you start editing. This should eliminate the problem that Vegas Pro is having with the codec.

I also see that you are doing a lot of work to speed up the video. I sell a tool at VASST for $9.95 USD called Time Warp that will solve both problems at once. You can set how long you want the video to be and TimeWarp will create an image sequence with only the frames needed to make it that length. In addition, the image sequence will be PNG files which should solve the first codec issue. This tool was designed specifically for what you are doing.

Here is a link if you think it can help: TimeWarp

Brief overview video:

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]