FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D motion tracking -keeping the top layer on top

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Neighbors
3D motion tracking -keeping the top layer on top
on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:41:04 pm

I notice that when I'm rotating an image on a 3D motion track layer so that the left side swings away from the veiwer, the layer beneath it starts cutting through, likely because one edge of the top layer has swung behind the bottom layer in 3D space. I can see why this would be what you would want at times, but is there a setting I can change so that all parts of my 3D layer stays on top of the layers beneath it? Hope that's clear.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Tim Neighbors
Re: 3D motion tracking -keeping the top layer on top
on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:41:32 pm

btw, I'm using Vegas 13

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Nov 10, 2015 at 8:40:12 am

I guess that the bottom layer is also 3D - make it 2D (set Compositing Mode to Source Alpha)

Return to posts index

Tim Neighbors
on Nov 11, 2015 at 7:43:16 pm

Thanks for the response Aleksey. yes the bottom layer is also a 3D layer... but I'd like to keep it that way. Is there any way to avoid having the bottom layer cutting through even if it's a 3D layer? This is what I'm trying to do: I cut the subject out of the background of a photo and I'm trying to animate (in 3D) the subject over the background of the photo. I also want to be able to animate the background ..or possibly even work with more than 2 3D layers in this way. It's likely that I'm just not very good yet at working in 3D space, but it would be nice if I could specify that I don't want this 'cutting through' to happen ....but maybe that is just the nature of 3D and what I'm asking is impossible. Just thought I'd ask.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Nov 11, 2015 at 10:05:37 pm

You can insert an empty 2D track between 3D tracks or move the top track along the Z axis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]