FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on codec use

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Hughes
Question on codec use
on Nov 3, 2015 at 7:33:23 pm

I use Sony Movie studio 12 ..
For one project been advised to install codec and Render out as Lagarith, as need a Lossless format.

I have Lagarith installed on my PC, but there are no Render templates that use this ......... does anyone know how I can add one, or are there on-line sources where they can be downloaded.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Question on codec use
on Nov 3, 2015 at 7:50:59 pm

does anyone know how I can add one

You have to create your own. Very easy. Simply open the Render As window and select Video for Windows. Select the first template NTSC DV or any template for that matter. Then click on the Customize Template box. Under Video format, select Lagarith. You will then need to specify the Frame size, Frame rate, Field order and Pixel aspect ratio based on your project settings. Then add your new template name to the top Template box and click on the Save icon. You have now created your own template.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Rick Hughes
on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:06:43 pm

I assume I can base pixel aspect & Field order from a known working version ............. I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:18:54 pm

If you are working on your slideshow project by chance(?), and your project size is 1920x1080 or 1280x720, then your field order will the "Progressive" and your "pixel aspect ratio" will be 1.0.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 4, 2015 at 12:58:48 am

Just remember also that Lagarith output produces very large file sizes.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Hughes
on Nov 4, 2015 at 5:46:29 pm

I use Lagarith when moving between video programs as it is lossless ... i.e Virtual dub output.

In this instance it will only be a 60 sec sample ......... have been given a good tip.. about creating a known length sample of your program ... create lossless render and put this into handbrake, then it will give you the optimum bitrate setting for your project.

Steps are:
export one minute as lossless, then use Handbrake using constant quality , choose 18 or better 17. Provides certain file size - for example 60MB.
60MB/60s=1MB/s
1MB/s *8000 = 8000kbps= which would be 8000000 average bitrate for that 2pass settings you'd put in Vegas.
That value in bold after calculation is the bitrate that you need.

Not tried it yet - but thought it might be worth trying this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]