FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas suddenly taking longer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raye Fullerman
Sony Vegas suddenly taking longer
on Nov 2, 2015 at 9:09:13 pm

hello, I'm someone who films speed draws for YouTube, with a Sony Legria r506.I render in 1080p, and my videos are usually 4-7 minutes long, with audio. Using the Internet HD 1080p MainConcept /mp4 format, using "good" as my video rendering quality; without that, my videos are lesser quality.

I am currently trying to render a video that is 4:10 mins. Usually it would take around an hour, however this video will probably take eight, as after two hours of rendering the estimated time left is six hours. I don't understand; what is causing such an impact?

I have a few reasons on why this might:
• to make my videos, what I do is get all of my recordings, and add velocity, speed them up etc. into one .veg file. There are a lot of recordings; all are 122 GB in size. Then, on my main .veg, I import my .veg file with all my recordings and speed it up even more (before it was around 40 mins long). I then add audio, an outro, flip the video so it is not upside down, then save it as another .veg file. On a new SV window, I import THAT .veg file and then render it. OpenCL is available, but I don't use it. GPU acceleratino is disabled, and 'disabled resample' is selected.
• I do not use any FX, aprt from the pan/crop feature
• Before, I could render a 7 min video in under two hours, with the same profile. However, I did not use the "good" setting, thus it was slightly lesser quality. I do want the 'good' qauliy, though.

My specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150930-1750)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/06/13 00:14:37 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16340MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (r9 270x, 2gb card)

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony Vegas suddenly taking longer
on Nov 2, 2015 at 10:33:08 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Nov 2, 2015 at 10:37:02 pm

The camera you posted comes up as a 1080-50P camera, but your project settings show you in 29.97. What frame rate and bit rate you shooting on your camera?

Is your media in .MTS format when you edit? I do not recommend editing in .MTS format for stability issues I have seen in the past. Convert your footage to XDCAM-EX, or Cineform(low).AVI then edit that material.

Do you not use the GPU on you system for stability reasons? With only 4 cores and 4 processing threads, you could really use the added abilities of the GPU in that system.

I would make sure to render out to Sony AVC.mp4 to the exact same video settings (profile) as the source material is shot in (Frame rate, resolution) "Media info" can help with determining the exact video formats:

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

For youtube and based on what you posted about your workflow, you might want to try this path:

• Camera > Vegas
  • Rendering Camera footage in Vegas to Sony.MFX>XDCAM-EX.MXF
  • Edit the resulting XDCAM.MXF files.
  • Render to XDCAM-EX, which should be a smart render if you have not done a lot of color correction and pretty much just cut/dissolves and titles.
  • Upload the resulting XDCAM file directly to YouTube.

You might consider using a DSLR camera in timelapse mode, then import the stills as an image sequence. The you can very the playback speed by import at different frame rates. You can also use playrate like you are doing it now. The DSLR would give your drawings a richer look.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas suddenly taking longer
on Nov 2, 2015 at 11:23:27 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Nov 2, 2015 at 11:24:28 pm

As to address why your renderings all of a sudden starts taking a lot longer,
is a possible windows update could have thrown things off for Vegas and can
be corrected by uninstalling any new updates. Or a display driver/GPU Card
update, in which a driver Roll-back would help.
You can try a fresh Vegas Re-installation also and see first!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]