COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gil Mancha
Sony Vegas 13 - How to adjust so settings so I can have backgrounds to video
on Nov 2, 2015 at 12:22:38 pm

Right now I have

* Video that is 1280 x 720
* Picture that is 1920 x 1080

I want to have the picture as a background for the video. I can put the picture in but when I insert the video the video file just becomes full screen instead of partial so you can't even see the picture in the background.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Vegas 13 - How to adjust so settings so I can have backgrounds to video
on Nov 2, 2015 at 4:17:26 pm

Both your video have the same picture aspect ratio, 16:9. That is the reason that one will completely cover the other. The actual pixel sizes don't matter--only the aspect ratio. If you really want to do this, then place the video on a track above the picture and reduce its size using pan/crop. Then the picture will show around its borders.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Gil Mancha
Re: Sony Vegas 13 - How to adjust so settings so I can have backgrounds to video
on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:32:30 pm

How would I go about finding what the aspect ratio of each are? Is there a way to edit aspect ratios?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:53:50 pm

How would I go about finding what the aspect ratio of each are?

Simply divide the number of pixels in the horizontal by the number of pixels in the vertical. If you divide 1920 by 1080, 1280 by 720, and 16 by 9, you'll get the same number.

Is there a way to edit aspect ratios?

You don't edit an aspect ratio. You can change it by simply cropping your image, making sure that "maintain aspect ratio" is set to "no", if you use the Vegas pan/crop Fx.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Gil Mancha
on Nov 5, 2015 at 12:38:59 am

Thank you. I will keep this information in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]