FORUMS: list search recent posts

Track the movement of ball with a line

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Lewis
Track the movement of ball with a line
on Oct 25, 2015 at 7:55:58 pm

I am pretty new to video editing so bare with me. I just shot video of a friend and I playing baseball. I have a camera angle behind the hitter to get video of the hits. What I'm looking to do is use a line to track the movement of the ball as after a few yards you can no longer see the ball in the video. A couple examples of this would be how golf tracks tee shots or in a homer derby how they track the homers with a line.
Help please I can't find the answer anywhere.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Track the movement of ball with a line
on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:13:20 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:39:16 am

Something like this?

I do a lot of map animations In Vegas so a straight line would be even easier. Here is a link that describes how they are constructed.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messag...

The referenced tutorial is really worthwhile and will give you all the info you need to do such animations. Once you've done them a few times, it's pretty easy.

You could also do it within Vegas using masks, which might be even easier. You would still need the straight line drawn from some graphics program in the form a png file so that the other part of the image is transparent. Place the line on a track above your video, create a postive mask around your line and through keyframes create the movement of the line.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Josh Lewis
on Oct 26, 2015 at 2:43:43 am

Umm not exactly a straight line as a ball rises and drops in height but same exact concept as the video showed just with the ball path

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 26, 2015 at 4:51:40 am

Josh

Yeah, I do know the ball rises and drops. Draw the line anyway you want. I only used a simple straight line to illustrate how it can be done in two different ways. The approach is still the same regardless of how complex your line is.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]