FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT - VLC question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Moyer
OT - VLC question
on Oct 25, 2015 at 6:24:40 pm

I am using Win7/64 and was curious if the vlc video player will present any problems with VegasPro 13. I am interested in playing my .iso video files so that I can do some housecleaning. When I created these files I did not give them a very descriptive name and some of them are just different versions of the same video which I burned to disc so that I could see what I was going to end up with. I have learned from my error and now want to gain some hard drive space. If there is a better method please feel free to recommend one. Also, will vlc take over all of my file extensions: mpg,avi,mp3,mts, etc.

Thank you,
Bob

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: OT - VLC question
on Oct 25, 2015 at 7:47:45 pm

VLC player does not pose any problem for Vegas Pro.
You dont have to worry about VLC player taking over your file extensions,
you can easily customize it as to which file extension you want it to handle.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
on Oct 25, 2015 at 9:40:17 pm

Thank you Steve for the quick answer. I looked at the vlc home page and read some of the forum remarks and truthfully, this seems way too complicated for me. Some of the remarks mentioned creating folders and copying 'keys' to get Bluray to work. I am just looking for something I can install with one click to play the .iso folders I created with VegasPro 13/DVD Architecture. I guess I am spoiled with the ease and simplicity of these last two programs I mentioned.

Thanks again.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
on Oct 26, 2015 at 11:38:28 pm

Steve, I downloaded the current version of VLC/64 bit and installed it in Win7. However, it doesn't see any of the .iso files created by DVD Arch/Bluray. The install was fine, I have tried to navigate through the VLC interface and as I said it doesn't see any of the files. I used Windows explorer and right-clicked and selected 'Open with' and chose vlc.exe and again nothing. Any idea what I have done wrong? Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]