FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony titles and text slow as heck

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Gardner
Sony titles and text slow as heck
on Oct 24, 2015 at 7:45:51 pm

Anybody know about this? Titles and Text media generator has always been crazy slow. I'm working on a full doc timeline (2 hours footage) and I'm doing per-word subtitles (syncing the timing and arrangement of each word in a sentence) using separate titles and text events for each word.

When I open a titles and text event, I just type and then wait 10 seconds for the computer to catch up with me (typing 10 words, or even 1 word). Then, to move the word/sentence in the video preview there is also a half to two second lag behind every movement.

I've been coping with it but it's a serious lag in my workflow, subtitling is taking forever.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony titles and text slow as heck
on Oct 25, 2015 at 12:15:01 am

Titles and Text media generator has always been crazy slow.

Agreed. It's always been slow for me as well.

Have you looked into using Vegasaur? It has a Text Generation wizard that enables you to import your titles from a text file, create them using whatever template you want, and then place them on the timeline at Markers for example. I don't know if it would work for your particular application, but it would certainly be worthwhile to have a look. I believe they still offer a 30 day trial.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Oct 25, 2015 at 8:12:46 am

Sound like your system is struggling with drop shadows or something. Your machine is most likely struggling to edit the codec or other functions as well. If you want recommendations on system stuff, just list your hardware and source media info. Here are some alternatives to try.

Do you graphics and text in a stand alone vegas project. Render the results to PNG or EXR with alpha. Import the image sequence and overlay.

Doing your text in Photoshop is another alternative. Vegas works well with Photoshop files. When you want to edit, just open PS and create new layer, then in Vegas drop the same file in place and select the layer.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Oct 25, 2015 at 9:42:31 am

1. Use simple text presets - no shadows, no animation etc.
2. Play with your preview quality, eg. change it to Good or Preview...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]