FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on Remove/ reduce background dog bark and beach sea noises

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
Advice on Remove/ reduce background dog bark and beach sea noises
on Oct 23, 2015 at 11:43:51 am
Last Edited By jenny gold on Oct 24, 2015 at 7:05:39 pm

On some talk to the camera footage while at the beach I would like to reduce some of the sea itself background audio noise you can hear while talking at times and dogs at times barking who were a little away but label mic picked them up quite loud.

Any suggestions please?

NOTE*****I am using sony vegas pro 13 also have Izotope RX 3 and Newblue fx plugin
s but brand new to me for both also newbie to vegas audio editing frankly.

thanks Jenny

HERE ARE SAMPLES

9371_audioseaanddogs1sample.aif.zip

Here is the link for file ; 9370_audiodogsseaproblem2.aif.zip

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Advice on Remove/ reduce background dog bark and beach sea noises
on Oct 23, 2015 at 12:21:06 pm

Jenny, please post a short sample of the problem audio footage and those of us with iZotope can try to reduce the noises and let you know how we do.

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 24, 2015 at 4:41:04 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Oct 24, 2015 at 4:42:16 pm

Great Many thanks I have two short audio samples then...with dogs barking and sound of sea while talk to camera was going on at the beach they are aif files rendered from sony vegas pro to my pc is that ok?

how do I upload them please to here and this thread

when using this editor I saw an icon at the top saying video upload but none for file upload?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 24, 2015 at 4:44:48 pm

It's the last icon to the right.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Oct 24, 2015 at 4:53:33 pm

Jenny, don't worry about uploading your files to this site. If you have a Dropbox account or other file sharing site upload them there andgive us the link (s).

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 25, 2015 at 10:37:49 am

I Have NOW added some clip samples in my original Post thread as above

many thanks I await kindly people's reply back.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 23, 2015 at 6:57:01 pm

You have everything right there to solve your dilemma!
That is of course Izotope RX3.
Unfortunately its new to you, so Mike suggestion is a good one.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:46:54 pm

You should be able to reduce the background sea noise to some degree using the RX3 Denoiser and eliminate the dog barking altogether using Spectral Repair. As others have stated, a sample would be most useful.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 25, 2015 at 5:01:49 pm

Just downloaded one of your files and spent a few minutes with it. Here are the results.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfya4aln0198owg/9370_audiodogsseaproblem2_rx.aif?...

I used two tools, the Denoiser for reduction of background sea noise and Spectral Repair for elimination of the dog bark.

wwaag

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:59:00 am
Last Edited By jenny gold on Oct 26, 2015 at 11:02:31 am

many thanks for doing the clean up audio demo HOWEVER it is knowing as explained though - Specifically HOW to do it as non the wiser
Denoiser for reduction of background sea noise and Spectral Repair

Any chance If you could or anyone explaining for me and others to this forum may find helpful too maybe screens shots even or better still a video capture?

As already mentioned No idea what to press and do using these tools Denoiser and Spectral Repair

*****The tutorial found via youtube ones were all about music or the person on vid presumed the user knows certain things!! and was too techie speaking and nothing step by step for total newbies using these tools as if talking to a teenager or old person. (Adobe audition are great tutorials and step-by step so many out there in comparison)

I tried using Denoiser as already said - for reducing sound of sea this is how I used that tool;

I had it on manual I played a clip while pressing learn
then on play back seeing what changes it had done

And yes the sea had been dramatically removed *****BUT now voice itself was not nice muffled and 'electronic like'

And to be honest the sound of the clip you kindly edited is also somewhat sound now electronic and muffled (not as bad as mine) However until I hear a longer version of cleaned up edited audio clip hard to say but impressed with dog barking removed!

Kind of you to do this and send back the demo just need to know how to use it as mentioned per my original post

Jenny

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:23:53 pm

Any chance If you could or anyone explaining for me and others to this forum may find helpful too maybe screens shots even or better still a video capture?

As already mentioned No idea what to press and do using these tools Denoiser and Spectral Repair

A good starting point for using these tools are the help files that are included with Izotope. Simply press F1. IMHO, they are pretty good. For each tool, there is a detailed explanation of what the various controls do. Having said that, I understand the value of a decent tutorial to get you started. I have put together a very quick and dirty demo using the same file I downloaded from you. It details the steps I used. There is no doubt that a much better noise reduction job can be done, but at least it should point you in the right direction.

I tried using Denoiser as already said - for reducing sound of sea this is how I used that tool;

I had it on manual I played a clip while pressing learn
then on play back seeing what changes it had done

And yes the sea had been dramatically removed *****BUT now voice itself was not nice muffled and 'electronic like'

The problem most likely is that you played the entire file during the learning phase. What's important is to select a portion of the file that is "noise only" or in your case "sea noise only". Even here, it will not be perfect since "sea noise" is never constant, especially if there are audible waves hitting the shoreline. As I point out in the demo, you can control the amount of noise reduction to your taste.

In my view, getting the audio right is much more difficult and time-consuming than the video itself. For example, the use of Spectral Repair will have to be done for each "bark". Hopefully, you don't have a lot. Even worse will be those instances when the bark and dialog occur at the same time. Fortunately, there didn't occur any in the sample I used.

In any case, I hope this helps getting you started. To a large extent, a lot of this will be trial and error on your part. Just keep at it and you will learn what works and what doesn't. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:24:54 am

Gosh many thanks Wwaag for so kindly taking the time to help me and explain and write back send me how to use the tools very good of you.

I will take my time and go through your video and play with ours thank you so much again!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:42:23 am

I will take my time and go through your video and play with ours thank you so much again!

You're quite welcome. One thing I forgot to mention is that I was using RX4 rather than RX3. The screen layouts may be a bit different, but functionally they are equivalent.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]