FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PXW-X70 - best record settings to cover my bases?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reagan Deanne
Sony PXW-X70 - best record settings to cover my bases?
on Oct 19, 2015 at 6:29:04 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking for digital HD I can easily import into Vegas, renting Sony PXW-X70 cam & recording with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression.

For now the client request is for a video they can watch on computer. My question - if they decide later they'd like to print to DVD as well, will I encounter interlacing issues? Or anything else by choosing MPEG out of the gate?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Sony PXW-X70 - best record settings to cover my bases?
on Oct 19, 2015 at 8:40:40 pm

Computer playback and DVD formats are two completely different things and will require that you render twice. Give them what they want now. if they want DVD later, render it again for DVD. There is no one format to satisfy both.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony PXW-X70 - best record settings to cover my bases?
on Oct 20, 2015 at 2:45:05 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Oct 20, 2015 at 2:50:56 am

Do you need, or is the Sony PXW-X70 you are getting 4K capable? If only HD is needed, and you are editing in Vegas, get an XDCAM422 or EX capable 3 chip camera. That way your editing workflow in Vegas will be optimized. Then render to whatever they need as a display format.

The Sony PXW-X180 or PXW-X160 will record in both XVAC-Intra, and XDCAM422 60P. Intra frame capture will have a better look with motion, and edit smoother, over the Long GOP format the PXW-x70 shoots in. You may also have to convert the x70 footage to XAVC-i or XDCAM to edit well in vegas anyways.

Of course I am sure there are x70 owners do not mind looking at a slide show while shuttling and editing, and put up with how the LGOP footage edits.

Cameras that shoot in Canon's new 422 codec are basically just shooting in XDCAM422. Vegas will read these files as XDCAM and edit well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]