FORUMS: list search recent posts

The colors change when I export. Why?!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cartier
The colors change when I export. Why?!
on Oct 13, 2015 at 9:12:48 am

Hi everyone,
Ive got a problem on SONY VEGAS PRO 13. I made a work about 3mn with the informations you can see on the image and when I export everything, the colors changed. I dont understand why...
Its look like the final export loses some colors. I'm sure I made a mistake somewhere but where?! On the profil of the file? On the informations when I want to export?
Have a nice day
Séb

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: The colors change when I export. Why?!
on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:04:58 am

Ok the screen shots are good info but I need to know the codec of the original footage. Or perhaps the camera used to capture the shot.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 20, 2015 at 1:57:22 pm

Hi, thanks for your answer.
1920x1080 MP4, 24 trames, 48 000 kHz
Do you think its because its shot in .mp4? I made many searches but I dont know where this problem can be solved.
Sorry for the late answer, my week-end was hard

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Oct 20, 2015 at 10:54:34 pm

Media players like Flash, Windows Media, and Quicktime expand sRGB to computer RGB. This is what it looks like to me. Applying a Sony Levels FX, and choosing the cRGB to sRGB should compensate for this.

This has been discussed before on the forum, so search for other responses to this issue.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 21, 2015 at 12:24:38 am

[Aaron Star] "Media players like Flash, Windows Media, and Quicktime expand sRGB to computer RGB"

I agree with you Aaron, that is most likely the case. I was just waiting to find out which codec is in use.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 22, 2015 at 1:17:05 pm

Thanks for your answer. Yes I saw that you already spoke with someone else with this problem in this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/991498#991513
I tried to do what you said. I went to the options/preferences/peripheral preview and changed RVB studio to RVB computer. Nothing changed.
I made a level fx and of course its changed but this is not the way I want to work, I dont know if you work like that but I cant work thinking: "Alright, if the result will be brighter I have to make a level fx so the result will be approximately what I see now on the preview."
Is there something I didnt understand? I always worked on Final Cut so its new for me to work on Sony Vegas.
Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 23, 2015 at 7:32:05 am

[James Cartier] "if the result will be brighter"

Ok James, are the results brighter or is it that the blacks and whites have been crushed? Again I ask what the origin codec is, I need to know where to begin to look for the issue.

[James Cartier] "I always worked on Final Cut"

Was the mac monitor calibrated and is the current win monitor calibrated? Or is Vegas running on a virtual desktop on a Mac?
Russ Froze

[James Cartier] "I cant work thinking: "Alright, if the result will be brighter I have to make a level fx so the result will be approximately what I see now on the preview"

If the monitor is calibrated correctly then may I suggest the use of the ACCES workflow. Jacob Balazer explains the workflow nicely and gives you the tools to make it work. you can find him at the url below.
http://www.jbalazer.com/aces-in-sony-vegas
This is a link to his youtube video

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 24, 2015 at 5:21:08 pm

Russ Froze "Ok James, are the results brighter or is it that the blacks and whites have been crushed? Again I ask what the origin codec is, I need to know where to begin to look for the issue."
The results are brighter.

The codecs: 1920x1080, 24.00p, 100 mbps IPB, mp4(lpcm)

Russ Froze "Was the mac monitor calibrated and is the current win monitor calibrated? Or is Vegas running on a virtual desktop on a Mac?"
Russ Froze

Vegas is running directly on a PC. I dont think the problem is my monitor because I look the result on a different computer and the problems is still here.

Russ Froze "If the monitor is calibrated correctly then may I suggest the use of the ACCES workflow. Jacob Balazer explains the workflow nicely and gives you the tools to make it work. you can find him at the url below."

Thanks for your link, I'm gonna watch this when I'll be home.

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 27, 2015 at 11:15:45 pm

Hi, the problem is solved.
I watched your video and everything was solved in 5mn. Thank you!
Thanks for your help, bye
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]