FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to freeze a NewBlue Titler Pro animation

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Maronska
How to freeze a NewBlue Titler Pro animation
on Oct 10, 2015 at 10:02:18 pm

In Vegas 12 project I have two video tracks. One track is a movie and it lasts 30 seconds. The other track is a Newblue Titler Pro fade-in text effect.

The fade-in text effect should animate for 2 seconds and then stay till the end of the clip. But I don't know how to achieve it.

In NewBlue titler, if I make the animation last for 30 seconds, it's way too slow. If I make it last for 2 seconds, then it disappears after 2 seconds.

I'd like the animation to animate during 2 seconds and then make the last frame of the text track freeze for the rest of 30 seconds.

I can only find info how to freeze a frame in Vegas, but I want to freeze only one track and not the whole movie.

Return to posts index

John Smeirmeister
Re: How to freeze a NewBlue Titler Pro animation
on Oct 10, 2015 at 10:04:54 pm

Hm, try this:
Right-Click on your clip where you want to freeze it, insert/remove envelope, choose velocity, make a point on the green line where you want the clip to freeze and right click and set velocity to 0%, and it should freeze it.

Return to posts index

Maria Maronska
on Oct 10, 2015 at 10:31:17 pm
Last Edited By Maria Maronska on Oct 10, 2015 at 10:32:25 pm

I tried that but the animation keeps animating. Looks like Vegas velocity envelope does not affect the NewBlue Titler animations.

I found a workaround in the meantime. I soloed the text track and saved the whole movie frame to image. The image has black background and the text is white. Then I inserted the image just after the text animation and change Compositing Mode to Screen and it looks good. But there should be a simpler way.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Oct 11, 2015 at 12:29:56 am

Maria, if you add an "effect", it will apply to that text for the entire length of the paragraph.

If you add a "transition", you can adjust the length within the paragraph to which it applies.

If you did use an effect, you can open the effect settings in Titler Pro and add keyframes and adjust it to "do nothing" after a period of time. You would have the initial keyframe with the animation, another keyframe two seconds over with the same settings, and then a third keyframe another frame or two over changing the animation settings to none.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Maria Maronska
on Oct 11, 2015 at 9:16:58 am
Last Edited By Maria Maronska on Oct 11, 2015 at 9:19:30 am

I had a Transition but I didn't notice the possibility to drag just the "Fade in" bar instead of the whole blue bar in the Titler timeline. So thanks, this is the solution.

But for the sake of avoiding possible issues with "Effects" in the future, I made an exercise and added an "Pan" Effect, then added the 3 keyframes as you suggested. But I have no clue how to change the animation settings to none in the third keyframe.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Oct 17, 2015 at 3:46:58 pm

See the "Keyframe 1", "Keyframe 2", and "Keyframe 3" options in your image? You select the keyframe you wish to adjust and then make the changes. Now select another keyframe and make changes. Each keyframe needs to be adjusted individually.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Oct 12, 2015 at 2:46:36 am

FYI

I tried the velocity envelope and it did stop the animation on my newer version setup, Sony Vegas Pro 13 and NewBlue Titler Pro 4.

Return to posts index

Maria Maronska
on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:26:50 am

I have NewBlue Titler Pro version 1 (that was packed together with Vegas 12), this may explain the difference.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Oct 12, 2015 at 10:36:22 pm

I have doubts that TP1 vs TP2/3/4 has anything to do with it. The Velocity envelope affects all video streams the same. Physical media or generated.

Can you show us the exact details of your use of the Vegas velocity envelope as described in this thread?

Return to posts index

Maria Maronska
on Oct 13, 2015 at 6:22:06 pm

I found out why this happened. I've dragged the Velocity Envelope to the very bottom and didn't notice that it's actually -100% and not 0. So the NewBlue Titler transition was playing backwards. Now that I set it correctly to 0 it freezes as expected.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]