FORUMS: list search recent posts

Montage Assistance

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evander Major
Montage Assistance
on Oct 9, 2015 at 7:59:09 pm

Recently, I have been working on NBA 2k Montages with Sony Vegas Pro, but I have not been able to get the results that I've wanted out of them. I want more of a professional look as opposed to a look that reflects an in-game trailer if that makes sense. I have posted a link to illustrate my example. This is a video from youtuber Shady00018. If you notice, his trailer(s) look nothing like that of an in game trailer. It looks very professional. It has been confirmed that he does use Sony Vegas Pro. That is the look and feel that I am trying to achieve with my videos but I need help. Can anybody help me? What effects, plug-ins, transitions or video formats do I need to use in order to make videos similar to Shady?

Thank you in advance,

Evander Major

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Montage Assistance
on Oct 12, 2015 at 12:27:56 pm

Without knowing what the raw in-game footage looks like, it's hard for anyone to say what he might have done to it. If you are looking to make it more film-like, try adding Sony Color Curves and make an 'S' curve. This will crush the blacks and whiles and give it a more film-like gamma curve.

You might also want to add the Color Corrector and push the Saturation up a bit. Rendering to 24p also helps give a film look if you are trying to make it look like a movie trailer.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Montage Assistance
on Oct 13, 2015 at 11:59:36 am

I agree with John. That's what I would do, too. He has also simulated prime lenses with his footage to get that depth-of-field cinematic look.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]