FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why the image is doubled when I export?!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cartier
Why the image is doubled when I export?!
on Oct 7, 2015 at 11:30:29 am

Hi everyone,

Ive got a problem when I make an export. The image is doubled! See by yourself, the man has 4 legs instead of 2. Wtf?! I put the informations of the parameters of Final Cut Pro 13 and the informations of my exports in this post so you can see by yourself. Everything looks fine when I edit but every time the same problem comes when I make the export. Why?!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Why the image is doubled when I export?!
on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:31:48 pm

Try disabling resample on all the events on the timeline and then try again!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Oct 7, 2015 at 10:14:33 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Oct 8, 2015 at 5:30:39 am

Steve's suggestion is good.

Have you tried the Media Match button on the project settings tab?

What is your source media? You can determine this with "MediaInfo" utility. You can also see a lite version by right clicking and going t to properties on some of your media in Vegas.

I noticed your project settings are at 24FPS Film, and you are rendering to a 24FPS XDCAM profile. It is unlikely you are shooting your source footage at true 24FPS, it is likely this footage is actually 23.97. Cameras like the RED, and ARRI are able to shoot at true 24FPS. Lower end cameras tend to shoot in video frame rates. Small misalignments in FPS like this can create odd video issues, as Vegas attempts to adapt footage to what you asking for.

Inexpensive cameras from Canon and others will actually shoot in something called 24PF. 24PF is 24 frames buffered in camera, then run through the AVCHD hardware codec, and written to file in 29.97 interlaced format. Since your project settings seem to be in French, the frame rate written by the codec is probably in European frame rate native to the camera. If you are confused by this, so are most that attempt to work with this footage. The 24PF mode is more marketing than actual 24P mode of operation. The media match button can help to align the project settings to the correct media format.

If you have a camera that is shooting in 24PF mode, it is best to shoot in the native interlaced mode and avoid the 24 or 30PF modes.

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:52:08 pm

Thanks for your answer, Steve was right. I shot with a PANASONIC GH4 and until now I always thought it was 24 FPS exactly. I learn something about my camera today.
Thank you Aaron, I save your message so I will check on my camera and Vegas how I can manage that and know exactly how many FPS i shot with my camera.
Bye

Return to posts index

James Cartier
on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:48:19 pm

Exactly! Wow, its look so easy when its done!
Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 8, 2015 at 9:58:28 pm

Glad you got that sorted out James...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]