Rendering Issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Engle
Rendering Issue
on Oct 6, 2015 at 11:11:52 pm
Last Edited By Robert Engle on Oct 6, 2015 at 11:18:51 pm

NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!

OK I did a mini edit on a few video clips and am getting the message shown in the below link. If the link doesn't work here is what it says. I have Rendered before and I just tried to Render in the same exact format as always. about 35% into rendering I get 2 pop up windows.

One from Vegas saying , " An error has occurred while creating the media file Cessna Skylane" "The system is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other programs".

Then a Windows window saying, " Close program to prevent information loss. Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs. "

On my D Drive I have 1 TB Free and on my C Drive about 100 GB Free.

I have a very powerful computer it is not low on memory so what is going on ????

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: ndering Issue
on Oct 7, 2015 at 12:58:20 am

You have 100gb on your C drive, yes? How big is your C drive?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:48:16 am

How much RAM is in your system?

How much preview RAM set under the Vegas preferences?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 7, 2015 at 12:11:58 pm

[Aaron Star] "How much RAM is in your system? "
Yea, it's referring to your system memory (RAM) not your hard drive space. How many CPU cores and how much RAM do you have? You should have at least 2GB of RAM for each CPU core so a Dual (2) Core should have at least 4GB of memory, a Quad (4) Core should have at least 8GB of memory, etc.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Rendering Issue
on Oct 7, 2015 at 12:27:01 pm

This is an old reply by Stephen Mann (who has posted extensively on this issue) but certainly still valid, even with the latest version of Vegas Pro.
Sony Vegas 10. Low On Memory

Return to posts index

Robert Engle
on Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13:27 pm

OK guys called my computer place today as well as checked my system to see what I have.

My C drive they told me is just for my Windows and some installed items not my main Drive.

D Drive 2 TB Main Drive
Windows 7 Professional
Quad Core Intel i7 4770 3.4 GHZ
Ram 16 GB
Video Card Ge Force 560 TI Card #1
Video Card Ge Force 760 Card #2

This should be plenty should it not ????
What do you guys think ????

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Oct 8, 2015 at 5:54:18 am

The system configuration looks goods. Here are a few things I would try:

Make sure Windows updates are fully installed, make sure the latest NVidia drivers are installed, and the latest audio drivers. Make sure to reboot after updating any of those components.

Make sure Vegas is fully updated to the latest version 453.

Under Vegas Options -> Preferences -> Video Tab -> hit the "default all" button, then apply and exit. Now try your render again and see if it fails.

You try rendering to another format besides .WMV, Try a test render to a Sony AVC Internet profile that matches the your video setting. Sony MXF > XDCAM-EX or XAVC-L would be good formats to try and see if they fail with the memory problem.

Pull the 560 from the computer, unless you absolutely need the extra monitor ports. The 560 is below the 1300 GFLOPs of the Vegas requirement. Vegas 11 noted the AMD 5770 as the minimum requirements, and the 5770 is around 1300 GFLOPs. The 560 is beneath that at about 1000 GLOPs, while the 760 is close to around 2500.

Pulling the second video card will also allow your 760 to run at optimal interface speed. You can check this before pulling the card with GPU-z, and hovering your mouse over the GPU interface field. There should be a popup that tells you what the interface is capable of, and what the card is operating at.

Return to posts index

Robert Engle
on Oct 8, 2015 at 9:07:19 pm

OK I will try all this tonight. The Default button your talking about that wont screw up anything will it ? Also I know what they told me about the video cards they put in. The 560 is just for my screen I believe and the bigger one is for Editing and Photoshop use so i believe Im getting full power in Vegas. Let me know about the reset and I will try things tonight and let you guys know soon whats going on. And yes like John says Microsoft needs to get there act together. It really pisses me off I spend over a $1,000.00 on just a new 4K Monitor to make editing more fun and now I cant use it completely the way I want. MICROSOFT get your S____ togather !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you all up to date and thanks to all of you.

Bob

Return to posts index

Robert Engle
on Oct 14, 2015 at 8:47:20 pm

Ok still need the question answered about the default and will that hurt anything ?? Ok I did everything you all said except the default button. Tried to Render again in the WMV. File format and at 38% completion it gave me the same messages. Then tried it in a Sony MXF File and got to 63% and then got the same message. Now I tried both file formats with a completely different video clip and zero problem. So is the file or movie clips from my mini cam corrupt ?? How can a file get corrupted ? Can it be anything ?? I assume I could take my mini cam and go shoot now and not have an issue ?? How can I put this mini video a disc then to give a guy I promised or render it ?
Please help with ball questions
thanks
Bob

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Oct 16, 2015 at 12:30:44 am

Hi Robert, I had exactly the same "low on memory" problem for a while even though my PC was equipped with 32GB RAM and a plenty of disk space left (>500GB). I tried many configurations related to RAM, virtual memory and pagefile in Windows assuming that the problem was directly related to my Windows environment but unfortunately none of them worked. In the end, the solution for me was to simply turn off the GPU acceleration in Vegas Pro (Options->Preferences->Video->GPU acceleration of video processing->OFF). Since then, zero "low on memory" error or any rendering issue in Vegas Pro. I do not know if this cures your problem but may be worth checking.

Return to posts index

Robert Engle
on Oct 16, 2015 at 7:01:42 pm

Wow this worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did exactly what you said and it worked. I rendered it and all was fine. Then I did change it back to the setting it was. If you know can you explain Exactly what the issue is or what the program was struggling with ? If you can great. But thank you I really appreciate it and to all that have tried to help thank you.
Bob

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Oct 16, 2015 at 11:23:34 pm

Robert, I am glad to hear that it too worked for you.

To be honest, I have no idea as to what the issue was really. Strangely enough, Vegas Pro (12 and 13) had been working OK until that moment I started to suffer the "low on memory" problem. This was right after some software updates including the video driver as well as Windows's own updates, I recall. I tried to revert back all the changes immediately after I noticed the "low on memory" error but could no longer solve the problem until I turned off GPU acceleration. I was vaguely assuming that Vegas Pro somehow had trouble properly managing memory (whether RAM, Virtual, Pagefile) with all the software intricate configurations that I could never possibly understand. In any case, my GPU (nVidia GTX650Ti) is far from powerful from the Vegas Pro perspective and turning off GPU acceleration is not an issue for me. I much prefer a peace of mind (than frequent rendering crashes) ;)

Return to posts index

Robert Engle
on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:20:33 am

Me to hate issues.I like things to go on without issue if possible. Anyway I got that project off in the mail so that's good. Well thanks again and im sure we will chat again.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 17, 2015 at 2:12:11 am

The 6XX nVidia range hasn't been successful for GPU rendering. Do a search on this card for its us in VP. The sweet spot for nVidia at this level was the 5XX series. Mine is the GTX560ti. It has to do with the way the architecture deals with processing. You've just now proved this. If you wish to know more, do a search with these factors in mind here's just one such, back in June this year on the official Sony Vegas Pro site, John Rofrano makes for clear reading and explains much of the way how these GP cards "deal" with GPU rendering; Timeline viewing and card varieties and the either switching ON or OFF GPU rendering: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messag...

As I say, I have an nVidia GTX560ti, which has and is working admirably but is starting to look long in the tooth. As new developments in Plugs and higher resolutions become commonplace, the requirement for the implemention of more "powerful" and better optimised kit will be inevitably
forced on me to change-up. Was it ever thus.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Oct 17, 2015 at 2:55:09 am

Dear Lord Bernard,

What a honor to receive a suggestion from one of the elite experts here !! Actually I've been following the SCS forum for a couple of years by now (I rarely speak anywhere) and am fully aware that the last nVidia GPU which is supported by Vegas Pro is the 5xx model. In fact, on the basis of a very helpful message by the yet-another elite expert John Rofrano, I managed to obtain an HD5870 to confirm the points (Fermi/Kepler/Cuda/OpenCL). The HD5870 card indeed gave me a better timeline performance as well as the rendering speed in Vegas Pro on my PC. However, my PC is a Shuttle SZ77R5, a small cube PC and due its small real estate, an HD5870 generated a significant amount of heat and thus fan noise hence I switched it back to GTX650Ti. Again I preferred a piece of mind than headaches (even at the cost of speed). Maybe next time I build a PC, I intend to try out one of the reputable AMD cards that are in discussion here and there. (Having said that, I still wonder why Premiere Pro's timeline performance is much better than what Vegas Pro gives me even with GTX650Ti.) Thank you again for your kind suggestion.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 17, 2015 at 4:23:15 am

I'm glad you found my input useful.

Grazie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 17, 2015 at 1:06:46 pm

[Shinra Bansho] "Having said that, I still wonder why Premiere Pro's timeline performance is much better than what Vegas Pro gives me even with GTX650Ti."
Because Adobe is using the proprietary NIVIDIA CUDA API which doesn't work with AMD cards but takes full advantage of your GTX650Ti and Sony choose to use the OpenCL API which works with all GPU cards but works better with AMD than NVIDIA.

~jr

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Oct 17, 2015 at 8:58:49 pm

Hi, John. Thank you for your response. I am THRILLED to receive one from you! (I feel as if I got an autograph from a movie star ;) If Adobe could, I suppose that Sony Creative could have also done the same for Vegas Pro and its faithful fans (including me) as well as, strategically, potential users. I feel a bit jealous about Adobe's support. Over the past few months, people here and there talk about the pessimistic future of Vegas Pro ("no version 14" etc) but I just hope that Vegas Pro will survive and develop with a higher level of zealous support from Sony Creative.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 18, 2015 at 12:13:14 pm

Hi Shinra, I'm just another guy trying to help wherever I can but, Thank You for the compliment. I am truly humbled by it. IMHO, Sony would be foolish to support CUDA like Adobe did. Open standards are the future and Sony already supports OpenCL. CUDA locks you into using NVIDIA and vendor lock-in is a bad thing. Sony is developing Catalyst Edit which I assume will one day replace Vegas Pro but nobody knows for sure what their plans are but them. Hopefully Catalyst Edit is the rewrite that Vegas Pro has been needing for quite a while so that would be a good thing. We'll just have to wait and see. I use a Mac now and Catalyst Edit runs great on a Mac so I'm hoping this is the case.

~jr

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Oct 18, 2015 at 8:12:26 pm

It's a real pity if Sony Creative ceases to develop Vegas Pro, if not maintain, but as you say it could well be the time for them to move on also from marketing perspective. I agree that we need to wait and see. In the meantime, I intend to stick with Vegas Pro for some more time as I like the NLE.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 19, 2015 at 12:04:14 pm

Apple discontinued Final Cut Pro 7 over 4 years ago and people are still using it every day for their work. Many people here are still using older versions Vegas Pro 9, 10, 11, etc.. I wouldn't stop using Vegas Pro just because Sony has said that there won't be a Vegas Pro 14. It f works for you... keep using it.

~jr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]