FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extend Multiple Events Without Grouping

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Winthrop
Extend Multiple Events Without Grouping
on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:12:48 pm

Hello!

I am using an updated, legal, and registered copy of Sony Vegas pro 13.

If you select multiple events, be they audio, video, or a mix, and then click and drag a fade out, it will apply the fade out to all of said events even if they are not vertically synchronized in the timeline (one of them could be at the end of you video, one at the very beggining, as long as they are both selected).

Is there any setting or tool I can use to achieve the same effect for extending/shortening the length of events? If I group the events and click and drag it will only extend the length of other grouped events once the end event I am dragging passes over the end of any subsequent clips. It does not extend the length of any events that end before it.

To summarize, I would like to be able to select and event at the very start of my timeline, one at the very and, and lengthen them both at the same time.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Extend Multiple Events Without Grouping
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:01:14 pm

[John Winthrop] "To summarize, I would like to be able to select and event at the very start of my timeline, one at the very and, and lengthen them both at the same time.">My brain has flipped. Could you re-read what you wrote and maybe describe it another way?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Winthrop
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:19:21 pm

Ah typo i meant to say:

To summarize, I would like to be able to select AN event at the very start of my timeline, one at the very and, and lengthen them both at the same time.

IE lengthen to events at the same time by selecting them the same way it will crate two fades at the same time if you have two clips selected. If i use the grouping method it will only lengthen the other grouped clips if they are vertically aligned.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:23:03 pm

OK, you want to lengthen one Event at the beginning of the Timeline and one Event at the very end of the Timeline BUT AT THE SAME TIME - yes? If so, why?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

John Winthrop
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:29:39 pm

I don't actually need to do one at the end and one at the begging just two at the same time being not vertically aligned here are some screenshots to help explain.

Here I have two events selected (they are not vertically aligned)

Here I have only dragged the second event's fade in but it did it for both (because they were both selected)

Here I have the same events selected and am getting ready to shorten them

But when I drag it only shortens the event I am dragging.

I would like to be able to make the same thing happen for shortening the event that happens when dragging the fade in, having all selected events shortened by the same time. Again grouping the events will only do this if the events are perfectly aligned vertically.

Thank you for the help!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:35:49 pm

Ah, righto. I've just done this with VASST's Event Tool. I can Ctrl Select various Events and enter a NEW event length and they are increased accordingly. Not a Group.

But this is an Extension module, not a direct Vegas Control. I'm guessing that there will be another individual offering an alternative tool - very soon . . . .

Grazie

Return to posts index

John Winthrop
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:48:23 pm

Okay! I will check out Vassts, thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Oct 10, 2015 at 4:30:41 pm

Scripts are the way to go for adjusting multiple events. Excalibur can do this as well.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]