FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bars appearing either side of still photos in slideshow

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jackson
Bars appearing either side of still photos in slideshow
on Oct 3, 2015 at 9:02:18 pm

Dear Gurus...

I have made a slideshow of images for a wedding. I used the preset 16:9 in the Event pan/Crop Window. Some I have zoomed into and it looks like the issue I am having effects BOTH situations.

Here is the issue/mystery...

I have a gold background matte (On a lower vision track) that I have placed behind all of the images (as some are portrait and need a background).

Despite all my best attempts I cannot remove the gold bars (i.e. the background matte).

I tried just deleting the background matte and still the photos are not extending to fill the entire screen real estate, instead there is some black replacing the gold.

The issue is not visible on my preview screen in Vegas, only when I render out.

Can anyone help? I am on version 11 build 701

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Bars appearing either side of still photos in slideshow
on Oct 3, 2015 at 11:05:47 pm

For your landscape images, select one and then open the pan/crop window. With cursor somewhere on the image, right-click and select Match Output Aspect. Then close the pan/crop window. Next, simply copy that event. Then select the remaining landscape images, right-click again, and select Paste Event Attributes. Each of the selected images should now fill the entire screen. It's best to first fill your frame, before applying any motion effects such as panning or zooming with keyframes. You will have to do your portrait images separately. Easiest way again, if you want them all the same, is to pan/crop the first, copy, then select the remaining images, and again Paste Event Attributes. For a portrait image, the best way to initially pan/crop is to first apply the 16_9 preset, not default, and then zoom out until the frame covers whatever part of the image you desire. This way, you can move it anywhere in the frame you want. Hope this helps. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

David Jackson
on Oct 3, 2015 at 11:21:55 pm

Mystery solved!!!

Thanks soooooo much! My client will be happy!

David

Return to posts index

David Jackson
on Oct 3, 2015 at 11:36:31 pm

This is working for the landscape images that are 3821x2680x24

but not for the ones that are 4272x2848x24???

I assume this is because of an aspect ratio issue with the second lot of photos taken on a different camera perhaps??? Is there a work around for these images or will I need to Photoshop them?

David

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 4, 2015 at 12:20:43 am

No need to Photoshop them. My assumption was that all images were the same size/aspect ratio. For the other ones, simply do the same thing. Select one, then match output ratio, copy and paste to those images that are the same size. Doing things like this are a lot easier if you have something like Vegasaur. If you did, then you could simply select your events, and apply one its 1-click Commands--Match Output Aspect and all would fill your frame regardless of their size or aspect ratio. For me at least, Vegasaur is the most used of any add-on that I have in my tool box. It's a real time-saver.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]