COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
Clean up audio advice please FX IZotope RX3 or Adobe Audition
on Oct 3, 2015 at 9:23:45 am
Last Edited By jenny gold on Oct 3, 2015 at 9:44:26 am

Need some pointers and video how to use please

I use sony Vegas Pro 13

The situation is regarding our talks to camera In short, I want to clean up some of the audio volume i.e. where some parts may have some noise (usual typical interference being picked up etc and *****mostly I need the SAME volume levels throughout as sometimes parts when talking are quite louder or softer.*****
(Label mics or Rode directional mic used happy with hardware)

I have IZotope RX3 plugin to my vegas pro and I have adobe audition 2014

both I am a total newbie to them

(I learn best by seeing and watching)

Pointers please best way to do this with tools I have mentioned or other audio fx with sony pro13 and point me to descent videos.

****Can anyone tell me how to export the audio track over to Adobe audition and back again to line up with the video on time line?

I have seen enough video on using adobe audition how to clean up the volume so no probs there.... it me knowing how to export and import back the audio between the two software programs.

regarding IZotope RX3
(since I have this builit in to my vegas pro asa plugin etc might be my better option)
I have seen how to get rid of noise using Denoiser saw some video tuts and feel I might be ok doing and using that....

BUT not sure how to use IZotope RX3 for doing better quality audio clean up and same volume levels as the videos on youtube of using IZotope RX3 were based on music not voice speaking let alone not easy to follow and seemed not helpful to total newbies of IZotope RX3 and presumed you knew your way around it and was way over my head....

Any pointers using IZotope RX3 and video to cleans up voice speaking get same volume levels etc as explained will be much appreciated!!

many thanks Jenny

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Clean up audio advice please FX IZotope RX3 or Adobe Audition
on Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12:39 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15:26 pm

If you have Vegas Pro 13 and Izotope RX3, there is probably little need to use Adobe Audition. However, one way to do so, is to simply export your audio as a Wav file using a template that matches your media (usually 48 Khz, 16 bit stereo). This should import directly into Audition. Once finished with your changes, simply export using the same template and import back into Vegas. A better option would be to make Audition the default Audio Editor whereby you could directly open the file or either a copy of the file (preferred) and do your editing. Alternatively, you could set Izotope as your default audio editor or actually go back and forth between the two as I often do with Sound Forge rather than Audition.

For getting rid of noise, Izotope is probably the best set of tools you can have. Denoiser can be useful if you want to filter some type of continuing noise throughout your audio event--e.g. air conditioning noise. However, for noises that occur randomly such as bangs, pops, clicks, etc., you need to learn to use other tools. Declicker can be quite useful for randomly occurring clicks. Probably the most useful tool is Spectral Repair. You will need to learn to use the spectogram where you (with practice) can "see" the location of the noise you want to eliminate. There are a number of tools enabling you to select only that part and then use Spectral Repair to either attenuate or replace it. It is well worth your time to learn using Izotope.

As far as leveling is concerned, you could begin by applying some compression as either an event or track effect. This should reduce the volume of particular loud points. Each new audio track in Vegas always has the Track Compressor included as one of default audio Fx. I'd begin by just trying some of the system presets to get a feel for how it works. If you need additional leveling, you could apply a volume envelope to the track, whereby you can increase or decrease volume. For voice leveling, I use a plug-in from Waves, Vocal Rider, which more or less does this automatically, which can be a big time saver. Hope these suggestions will be of some use to you. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 3, 2015 at 5:45:02 pm

Thanks so much Wayne for taking time out to explain sooooo good of you!!

thanks for how to export sound audio over to Adobe Audition etc, here is my thoughts;

I wanted to likely work mainly with mainly Izotope RX3 and need to learn this though as said already all vids realy I saw were music editing and was none the wiser plus they so often the way they come across presume you know already about RX3 and not very user friendly for newbies! I did see some simple enough ones on voice narration clean up using noise Denoiser but frankly anything else was based around music and hard to follow as mentioned and understand!

So Hence rather then trying to spend ages locating searching decent video tuts on Izotope RX3 and its plugin etc based on voice narration clean up etc I may have to simply export to Adobe Audition since plenty on cleaning up voice and stuff videos tuts I understand and can likely do.....so thanks for how to export sound audio over to this

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Oct 3, 2015 at 6:17:32 pm

Glad you found it useful. One suggestion then. Within Vegas, set your default audio editor to Audition. Then when you right-click on an audio event, always use the option "Open Copy in Audition". This simply makes a copy of the audio event and adds it as a Take. The Take is then opened in Audition for whatever you want to do. The advantage is that you always have the original audio event in the event you don't like how you processed the event. You can always go back to the original and start over. I use this so frequently that I have created a keyboard shortcut. Final suggestion. In the future, do take the time to learn Izotope. You'll be glad you did.

wwaag

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Oct 3, 2015 at 9:56:58 pm

Thanks so much Wayne...veru useful feedback tome and others no doubt...and yes I will get to grips with Izotope etc!

Jenny

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]