FORUMS: list search recent posts

Numerically Changing X/Y axis in PAN/CROP

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Winthrop
Numerically Changing X/Y axis in PAN/CROP
on Sep 30, 2015 at 3:38:39 pm

Hello!

I am using a legal, updated, and activated copy of Sony Vegas pro 13.

I have a PNG on my video file with a basic "pop up" animation (3 keyframes) where it moves up and down on the X axis. I want to make the same animation happen only more to the left on the video, so i copy/pasted the event and went into the Crop window and moved the first keyframe (by click and drag) to the left of the video.

I then saw that the "Y CENTER" value (for where I wanted it to the left) was "-731". I went into each of the subsequent keyframes and typed "-731" into each of their Y values, pressed enter, and no change... the Y value says it is "-731" but the position does not change in less I click and drag the pan.

I understand I CAN manually drag the pan tool until it hits -731 but it would be convenient if i could type the exact numerical value in (especially if I need to do this with several keyframes). Can this be done? If so what am I doing incorrectly?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Numerically Changing X/Y axis in PAN/CROP
on Sep 30, 2015 at 3:48:52 pm

Yes, you can enter values manually. I usually just copy and then paste. Once you enter the value, try hitting the tab button which will register the new value and take you to the next field.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Winthrop
on Sep 30, 2015 at 3:56:18 pm

RESOLVED

Hello Wayne! Thank you for the response! I just realized that it turns out that hitting ENTER DOES work as well, but my problem was that I was changing the location of the "rotation anchor point" instead of the "Position". (For those who come after, the "Position" are the coordinates at the top, while just underneath that are coordinates for where the rotation will be centered around.

Thank you for the help! I should really pay attention more :P

/Thread

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 30, 2015 at 4:05:55 pm

Glad you got it solved. It's so easy to make mistakes like that.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]