FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marker/s

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellen Maurer
Marker/s
on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:32:19 am

Hello!

1. Is it possible to add a maker to the start point of a generated media simple text and to have it automatically named as the content of the media text?

2. Is there a way to get a shortcut key do delete multiple selection of markers (not all of them)?

Ellen

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Marker/s
on Sep 29, 2015 at 12:23:01 pm

[Ellen Maurer] "1. Is it possible to add a maker to the start point of a generated media simple text and to have it automatically named as the content of the media text?"
Not without a script. There is no way to do this natively in Vegas Pro.
[Ellen Maurer] "2. Is there a way to get a shortcut key do delete multiple selection of markers (not all of them)?"
How would the shortcut know what sections to delete? You can select multiple markers by control clicking or shift clicking and delete them together. There is also a tool to the right of the timeline that places you in Marker Edit Mode but I never quite understood it's purpose. Perhaps you can look it up in the help file.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Sep 29, 2015 at 2:12:29 pm

Thank you!

For my nr. 1 is there such a script?

Yesss, I could find that option Marker Edit Tool and everything works great!

Ellen

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 29, 2015 at 3:49:07 pm

For my nr. 1 is there such a script?

You can use something like Vegasaur which includes a marker tool for creating and naming markers, regions, etc. You can easily select events, create a marker for each event, and give it a variety of different names including the Active Take Name. For generated media, this will be names such as Sony Solid Color 1, Sony Color Gradient 4, etc., not the preset names which would be more descriptive. You might also explore the freeware Timeline Tools http://www.nfatoys.com/moasoftwarellc/ although I don't know if it has this ability.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:35:41 pm

Vegasaur has Text Wizard that can read text from Titles&Text generated media and create markers, regions, or export to an external file. Choose export option:

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
on Sep 29, 2015 at 5:01:35 pm

Wayne Waag and Aleksey Tarasov, thank you!

I have to tell "my story" :D
I used Text Generation Wizard to create media text events by using a subtitle. This project will be nested into another one above all tracks.
In this subtitle project which contains these media text events (hundreds of them) I need to place markers at just a few points of interest(at just some of the media text). Because when I'll import this project into another one, I can see these markers and it would be great to also see them named as the media text events which are "attached".

Ellen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]