FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Settings for 1080p/50i to full hd, quality problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar Acimovic
Render Settings for 1080p/50i to full hd, quality problems
on Sep 28, 2015 at 1:23:32 pm

Okay, so I am a cameraman, I posted here before about DVD settings, few year back. Now I have some problems with full HD rendering.

My video camera is SONY Handycam HDR-AX2000. I record with 1080/50i FX settings, the best (i think) that camera can offer.

So, i did few jobs, but i am not satisfied with the quality that vegas gives me, because this source file i get from the camera, the picture is clear, beautiful, but when i render with:

MainConcept MPEG-2 Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i, 25 Mbps video stream + audio;
Internet 1920x1080-50p;

i get tiny square pixels, which customers will or will not see, but my 22inc monitor sees them, however 32 inc TV makes picture a bit blurry. The original avchd file is amazing with the quality, even on TV and on monitor there are not pixels except for some because of dark areas, anyway, can someone tell me what and how to do this stuff, to get the blueray movie quality, plus how to reduce the file size, for instance, i change the bitrate to 10 000 000 in some settings, so i could fit the files on 64gb usb, customer gave me.

My projects are about 90 (more or less) minutes, recorded with camera from above.
Shoudl I use Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie ?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Render Settings for 1080p/50i to full hd, quality problems
on Sep 28, 2015 at 2:29:43 pm

Vegas Pro of course....And Disable Resampe on everything you have on
your Vegas timeline before each render... And dont use the Mainconcept
format, try Sony AVC.
Try these and i guarantee you, you will be pleased. At least try a small
clip sample now, of what i suggest and let me know?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 28, 2015 at 3:43:24 pm

Agree with Steve. Vegas already has a Blu-ray 50i template at 16 Mbps, which can be increased to 22 Mbps. Stay away from the Mainconcept encoder. If you insist on mpeg for whatever reason, you could try frameserving to TMPGEnc's Mastering Works 6.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Acimovic
on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:20:26 pm

Yeah, okay, now i used a SONY AVC/MVC blueray 16mbps but now i cant ran that avc file. It wont open by bs player, vlc media player, gom player ...

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 28, 2015 at 5:41:15 pm

The problem is that the players do not like rendering a video stream only. I tried VLC and got the same result. However, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema will play avc files without issue. It's a free download.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Acimovic
on Sep 28, 2015 at 5:46:09 pm

yes okay but, im trying to make things simpler as i can for my customers. Make a product compatible with 99% media players and devices.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:06:49 pm

Once you add an audio track and remux, then it will be compatible. Remember, this is simply the video stream. You need to also render your audio track separately and then combine. Usually this is done in your blu-ray authoring program such as DVD Architect. If you want just a single file that you can "play" on a computer and not a blu-ray disc, then simply render to an MP4 and include your audio track. You can use the same video encoder settings. Only the container will be different. The quality will be the same.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:09:48 pm

Wayne have given you easy instruction on how to have everything playing in all
players. My question now is, how is the overall quality now?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

John Laird
on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:15:40 am
Last Edited By John Laird on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:42:45 am

Here is a Video shot with that same camera and rendered with the Main Concept codec at 30 frames.. I find the quality quite good. For the life of me I don't understand why people use the Sony codec because when I use it works, but the video isn't nearly as smooth as it is with the Main Concept. I also find the quality to be as good as the Sony. I made 3 DVD,s for the owner of the plane and they came out just beautiful. I rendered them from the tools menu to burn DVD. Worked great. My question to you is are you rendering to DVD or Blue Ray. You have to burn to Blue Ray if you want 1920 by 1080.

http://www.movingmoment.net/Flyer.mp4

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]