FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add gradient and stroke like this?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nguyễn tiến thành
How to add gradient and stroke like this?
on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:04:08 am

Please help me , i'm trying to learn something new , i can't add gradient like this or make stroke!

gradient : http://imgur.com/Kny5o5U

stroke: http://imgur.com/svzEURT

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: How to add gradient and stroke like this?
on Sep 28, 2015 at 3:55:03 pm

Use Photoshop or some other image editing software--at least for your stroke example.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: How to add gradient and stroke like this?
on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:31:22 pm

In both examples you need a mask of the subject you want to do the gradient fill or stroke. How you get that mask is quite variable. The subject could have been green screened in capture or you can rotoscope them. In the case of animation the subject might already have a transparent background. Once you have a subject separated with a transparent background it can be transformed into a solid color mask (black or white).

Once you have a masking video of the subject...

In the first example you can create a gradient fill event on a track and set that track as a composite child to your mask track video. Then you typically choose Multiply (mask) blending mode on the masking track. The gradient will only show in the masked area.

In the second example, the "stroke" looks like a simple solid white fill of the mask. The first example had a gradient fill. That mask has an outline on the mask which can be done simply with the Layer Dimensionality effect. In this example the mask was enlarged to be bigger than the subject. The track order on this would be
Subject
Mask
White fill.

The subject is on top of the white filled mask with outline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]