FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Pixel" glitches when rendering in Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hancock
"Pixel" glitches when rendering in Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 27, 2015 at 9:24:14 pm

We're trying to render a feature length film of 88 minutes using Sony Vegas Pro 13.

The issue we keep having is that after it is rendered and we watch back, we will see some occasional "glitches" between scene changes. What the glitch consists of is a second of pixelation accompanied by a flash of an image from a different part of the movie. We can't figure out why this is happening.

Everything is rendered as native (mxf) and then when we try to render our Master to an mpeg dvd architect file, we get the Pixel issues.

We are using sony .mxf to render our main master files.

Some things we have tried:
We've gone through all the files on the master an changed them to "disable resample"

We have changed Dynamic RAM preview to 400 and turned GPU acceleration of video processing OFF.

We try closing everything else down and giving the vegas program high priority on the computer.

Still having this weird glitch happen often.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: "Pixel" glitches when rendering in Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 27, 2015 at 10:00:46 pm

Do you get the same glitches if you do a render to something like Sony AVC? Seems to me I read a recent thread of similar problems linking it to the Mainconcept encoder, but don't remember if it was on the CC or Vegas Pro forum. Here, I found it. https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/992608. Don't think there was any resolution. One alternative would be to frameserve to another MPEG encoder such as TMPGEnc's Mastering Works, Procoder or even CCE if you have it, to see if you get the same problem.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: "Pixel" glitches when rendering in Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 28, 2015 at 2:17:42 pm

The mpeg dvd architect rendering format seems to be causing your issue.
Try rendering using the Sony AVC format instead.
For me, whenever im rendering long projects like this, i sometimes choose to render them to the Quicktime PhotoJpeg format (never an issue), then, i can go any direction of creating other output from this Master.
Or sometimes if im pressed for time on these kind of long projects i simply
render out using the framserve to handbrake script.
So there i have given you three options to try, where i dont think you will
see that same issue again, especially from the last two!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]