FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use a PNG as a transition in Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig McNiven
How to use a PNG as a transition in Vegas Pro 12
on Sep 26, 2015 at 8:26:08 pm

I have a PNG file that I would like to turn into a transition for use on Vegas Pro 12 but I'm really not sure how I do this.

The image will not be rectangular so it won't cover the entire video perfectly but my idea is to use an image that is taller and wider than the video, it will start off smaller and fly in towards you either from the side or from the centre until it covers the entire video which is where I will then switch to the next clip, the image will continue to come at you until it has fully passed or it will go back in the same motion to the opposite side/down the centre of the video. I'd like to be able to do this in one fluid motion without the image pausing.

I'm hoping someone can make sense of that and have an idea of what I'm trying to say. I would really appreciate any help, thanks.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: How to use a PNG as a transition in Vegas Pro 12
on Sep 26, 2015 at 10:30:16 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Sep 26, 2015 at 10:32:12 pm

What you want to do (if I understand you correctly), is pretty simple although technically it is not creating a transition. Regardless of language, simply place your png (or jpg or whatever) on a track above your video track and size it to whatever length you want. Then click on the pan-crop icon for your png image to open the Video FX window. It will say pan-crop. Right click anywhere on the image and select Match Output Aspect. Then crop and move your image to any size or position. Under Workspace, you'll have to lower the zoom so that you can see the entire image against the frame. Simply position it wherever you want. Then go to the end of the event. On the very bottom you will see an arrow pointing to the right with a line to the right of it. Clicking on that will now position you at the end of the event. Click on the + icon which will add a keyframe which you will see on the Position timeline. Then zoom/position again to whatever you want. Or if you want to fill the entire frame, simply select the 16:9 Widescreen TV aspect ratio preset or whatever project ratio you are using. That's it. Once you preview, you will see the png move from the inital position to fill the entire frame, thus covering the video track beneath it.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Craig McNiven
on Sep 27, 2015 at 1:19:11 pm

That was exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your help and thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 27, 2015 at 3:39:04 pm

You're welcome. Glad it's what you wanted.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]