FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another Rending request for guidance

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael ray
Another Rending request for guidance
on Sep 26, 2015 at 12:12:33 am

Fine folks of CC, simply looking for some direction on my rendering concern.

I have a 32 minute project 1920x1080 - 30p - HD, shot on a EX1r when going to render 1920 x 1080 main concept AVC/AAC Sony Tablet 1080p I am looking at a 18+ hour render, this can not be correct?

I do not grasp in full the real super techy stuff, but I have never had this type of render concern ....

Vegas 12
1 Track Audio
3 tracks Logos - track effect 2-d shadow
3 Tracks - A - B roll - color corrected - track sharpen

Computer Dell XPS
i7 920@ 2.67 quad core
24.0 GB Ram
64-bit os
GeForce GTX 750 ti

Any help would be appreciated ....

Michael

A Michigan Based Moving Picture Story Teller

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Another Rending request for guidance
on Sep 26, 2015 at 4:46:26 am

[Michael ray] "I have a 32 minute project . . . . I am looking at a 18+ hour render, this can not be correct?"
Yes, it could very well be correct, Michael.

If you have GPU acceleration ON turn it OFF and select CPU render ONLY.

1] Vegas Pro 12 yes? What Build? This is essential to know. SCS pulled a build of VP12.

2] Do you have Track Motion for the Logos all the way through the Timeline?

[Michael ray] "3 Tracks - A - B roll - color corrected - track sharpen"
3] Render Hogs! All these are massive FX render "hogs". Consider re-constructing the how/where you apply all these FXs.

[Michael ray] "1920 x 1080 main concept AVC/AAC"
4] Switch Render Template: After possible deconstructioning your Timeline and you STILL have issues with BIG render times, switch to the SONY AVC/AAC instead. Is there a reason for using MC? As I said, VP12 Build number needed.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Michael ray
on Sep 26, 2015 at 1:45:40 pm

GPU Off

1) VP12 build 394
2) Yes
3) Not sure exactly what you mean
4) MC Use - Sony AVC/AAC does not have a template that works for me.

As I stated I am not real techy when it comes to understanding renders / adjusting this or that / I generally use a preset template and roll ....

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 27, 2015 at 9:41:44 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Sep 27, 2015 at 10:05:49 am

Is the footage from the EX1r XDCAM format? If so do a test to Sony .mxf > XDCAM that equals your project.

Then try handbrake on the output file, use the normal profile in HB.

"3 tracks Logos - track effect 2-d shadow"

drop shadows can load the CPU up, a properly functioning GPU assist will speed these calculations. The more advanced the compositing, the long it will take a CPU to render the frame and then pass it to the encoder which also takes time to compress. Grazie is referring to altering your edit so that it reduces complexity of the render.

"3 Tracks - A - B roll - color corrected - track sharpen"

These are fine, but much of what I said above also applies to these plugins. Most of what I see in your system configuration is your Nvidia card not properly performing the GPU assist, and holding you back. The CPU+GPU is used to render the timeline effects, then that frame is passed to the Encoder. The Encoder can utilize the GPU for certain calculations that speed up the encoder. Swapping out your NVidia card for AMD 7970-GHz or even a R9-270X, and you would see a bump in speed for more complex track compositing.

Since your camera shoots XDCAM, not having OpenCL/GPU acceleration enabled, you are missing out on XDCAM playback optimizations in Vegas.

In order of calculation performance
R9-270x (new)
HD7970-ghz (ebay)
R9-290X (new/ebay)

At some point your system/CPU will be holding you back. GPU is not everything, its more like a 4x4 truck or hybrid car. The GPU assists with things it can do faster.

Upgrading the GPU may require a new power supply.

Return to posts index

Michael ray
on Sep 28, 2015 at 7:32:07 pm

So you are saying my computer is not configured well enough to handle the current tasks I am trying to run?

My CPU is out of date along with GPU?

I did some of your suggestions and reduced the render time massive ....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]