FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Studio 4K missing audio in Vegas capture

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Romein
Blackmagic Studio 4K missing audio in Vegas capture
on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:02:23 pm

I've installed a new BM Studio 4K card and I'm having trouble finding the audio in Vegas Pro 12 or 13. Running Vegas 12/13 on Win10.

I have a VHS VCR wired to the S-Video input and audio to the track 1 and track 2 inputs. BM Media Express captures both the audio and video fine and so does Virtualdub. When I used Sony's vidcap in DV mode....video is fine, but no audio. When I capture in HDV mode, video is fine, I hear the audio, but no audio captured! Also, when I drop the Media Express AVI file onto the Vegas timeline....no audio track shows! The Media Express AVI file does play fine via VLC.

Anyone else having problems like this....any suggestions.

John

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Blackmagic Studio 4K missing audio in Vegas capture
on Sep 25, 2015 at 7:09:38 pm

Have a look at the Vegas preferences panel and determine the audio input/ recording routing. There might be a clue in there. Another place to check is in the BMD control panel be certain that audio in is set properly. As to VLC Player running the file flawlessly, it must be understood that VLC comes with it's own internal codec pack which is not accessible to other programs. So since the file plays properly in the enclosed environment of VLC yet does not work outside of VLC might indicate that the codec is not installed on the machine. So the question is if the BMD codec is installed or installed correctly. To test this open the file in Quicktime. If the BMD codec is not installed correctly quicktime will not play the file.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 25, 2015 at 8:44:09 pm

I would download copy of "MediaInfo"(http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download) and look at the audio track and see the format it has been encoded. Might lend some clues as to what software is having issues, or may need to be reinstalled.

Return to posts index

John Romein
on Sep 26, 2015 at 12:29:32 am

I've since also captured a DV digital file via Canopus ADVC300 and firewire into Vegas capture. The audio goes onto the timeline fine. I check both digital file audio sections using MediaInfo and they are both PCM and almost all the settings are the same except for the Codec ID: The DV one (that works) has '1' and the Media Express one has a long number '00001000-0000-..etc...9B71'. Maybe this is the problem.

I've also tried to download Quicktime and I'm having issues where Quicktime will not install in Win10. Still trying to work around this.

I'll have to continue to investigate.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]