FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro12 color match plugin not working

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ananda Holenarasipura
Vegas Pro12 color match plugin not working
on Sep 25, 2015 at 12:40:46 pm

Although I have been using Vegas pro12 for quite sometime, I had not used the color matching plugin so far. Recently when I tried using the plugin nothing seems to happen. I followed the following procedure. I loaded the reference clip in the trim window and the clip to be color corrected in the monitor window. I applied the sony color match effect to the clip to be corrected. In the effect control window for Image source, I chose "use trimmer image". When I clicked on the icon for Use trimmer image, nothing happened to the image in the monitor window. What mistake I may be committing?

I have uploaded the Vegas Pro screen shot. I am using Vegas pro12, build 563, 64 bit. Although this is an old build this appears to be very stable and trouble free.

Thanks,
Ananda

Thanks,
Ananda

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Vegas Pro12 color match plugin not working
on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:00:52 pm

From your screenshot, it appears that the Split Screen View button (just left of Preview Quality)is depressed. If so, it is possible the the Fx Bypassed is checked, in which case, you would not see the Color Match effect displayed.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 25, 2015 at 9:44:04 pm

Wayne is probably right.

My Color Match looks different, is it possible your plugin window is to small?

This is an example of using the PREVIEW button and matching the color on one clip to the color to another clip.

This is an example of using a single clip, then using the SCREEN button to eyedropper the Yellow pool ball in the foreground. Then using the PREVIEW button on the original clip.

Return to posts index

Ananda Holenarasipura
on Sep 26, 2015 at 12:17:19 pm

Thanks Wayne. You are right. When I clicked on the split screen view button, the color changed. However I still do not understand the purpose of this screen view button. Why clicking this button should bypass the effect?

Aron,
Even when I have the full window for the plugin, I am unable to see the window as you see. What exactly do you mean by eyedropper? When I click on the screen button, I only see a + mark cursor icon.

Further, How can I apply this match to a series of clips?

Thanks for both of you for the help.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 26, 2015 at 3:53:31 pm

Why clicking this button should bypass the effect?
That's the way its designed to work--an easy way to toggle between your event (unaltered) and your event with FX applied. Go to Vegas help and search "split screen". The first title will be split-screen previews which describes the various ways it can be used.

When I click on the screen button, I only see a + mark cursor icon.
That IS the eye-dropper.

Further, How can I apply this match to a series of clips?
Very easy. Once you have applied the color-match effect, or any Fx for that matter, to an event do this. First simply copy the event. Then select the other events. Place cursor inside one of the selected events, right-click, and select "Paste Event Attributes". In this way, the event Fx will be applied to all those selected.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]