FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Advice

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Prickril
Workflow Advice
on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:45:01 pm

Using MS 13. I'm creating on online course that, for the most part, shows a talking head clip next to a clip showing images made from PowerPoint slides. Everyone so often during a lecture, I want to hide the talking head clip and move the "slide" clip to the center. I'm using Track Motion to get this effect. I simply shrink the talking head clip and slide it over so that it's behind the slide clip, which I move to the center. A minute or two later, I do the opposite to return to the original layout.

To make this happen, I have to add 4 keyframes for each clip as I want them to resize/move within 1 second. Here's how I'm doing it:
- I decide the start/end times to hide the talking head (then make it reappear)
- For each clip I add two keyframes 1 second apart at the beginning (when I want to hide the talking head) and change the size/location of the clips
- I do the same (two keyframes 1 second apart) when I want the talking head to reappear

This works nicely but is a bit tedious. Are there some tips/tricks that could make this easier?

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
Re: Workflow Advice
on Sep 26, 2015 at 1:35:58 am

[Greg Prickril] "I simply shrink the talking head clip and slide it over so that it's behind the slide clip, which I move to the center. A minute or two later, I do the opposite to return to the original layout."

I was hoping that someone else would answer you...but I think you're doing more moving than you need... Rather than shrinking and moving the Talking Head clip (event), just keyframe on the opacity, and reduce it to zero (over time) as you are moving the slide event. At a minimum, you shouldn't have to reduce the size of the talking head. OTOH, I haven't seen what you are doing - and it's probably more professional than I'm thinking of.

What I do is have my slide event on the first video track, and then it overrides the lower events anyway, so you wouldn't have to mess with the talking head at all...

Still looking forward to other comments...

Return to posts index

Greg Prickril
Re: Workflow Advice
on Sep 26, 2015 at 7:30:17 am

Thanks Dave. I think I will use the envelope method to fade the talking head in and out. Much faster.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]