FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem opening Vegas Pro 13 in Windows 10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Hardge
Problem opening Vegas Pro 13 in Windows 10
on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:33:39 am

Greetings,

Like numerous others I too seemed to have run into the issue of Vegas not wanting to open in Windows 10. Unlike others it crashes automatically when trying to run it, not even getting to load dll's/create windows/etc. I get the following error from the problem report, which only points to the program's exe instead of a specific loading issue.

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Fault Address: 0x00007FF63A87A710
Fault Offset: 0x000000000081A710

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2015-06-05 (Fri Jun 05) 21:53:04

The same also occurs with my old copy of Vegas Pro 12. Browsing here and elsewhere for a few days I tried numerous things such as clearing settings while launching it or disabling my NVIDIA card/integrated graphics to gain access as it seemed like a common temporary solution, but nothing worked.

Both 12 and 13 launch in minimal safe mode, so I attempted the solution presented here: ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2799221/windows-stopping-sony-vegas-op... ). I was actually able to get 12 running normally, but on restarting to do the same for 13, 12 once more fell back into the error and I'm back to square one for Vegas overall as I can't replicate the success of that process.

I'm sure there is probably a bit more info I could provide for the case, so if anyone can lend me a hand then please let me know what I need. Thanks for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Problem opening Vegas Pro 13 in Windows 10
on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:12:13 am

What is your system configuration?

Do you have the latest Quicktime installed, if it is installed?

Have you scanned your system for bugs with something like Malaware bytes?

Latest win10 compatible GPU drivers, sound drivers, network?

Any other devices we are not aware of like old sound cards, BM boards, or other add in boards?

I had an issue a long time ago with MS11 and a similar error where it turned out to be an old unsupported ASIO sound card. Pulled the old card, switched to the built in sound card and problem subsided. Not saying that is what the problem is, its just an example.

Return to posts index

Justin Hardge
on Sep 24, 2015 at 8:58:54 pm

Wow, thanks for bringing up network drivers. I didn't think about that before, but upon checking them out I ended up finding a bunch of what seem to be VPN connections. I'm not sure how they got here since I never use any such software in 8.1 or 10, but getting rid of them opened Vegas right up again. Such a small silly fix, but it's good I found it since it's also one more thing dragging me down.

I'll have to give the registry a once-over for any leftovers, but out of curiosity would you happen to know specifics on how something like that could block a program like Vegas from opening?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 25, 2015 at 12:23:23 am

When you start Vegas with a network connection, the app hits a licensing server and checks for updates. I am not sure about VPN connections you are referring to. Can you show more info on what that issue is?

Return to posts index

Justin Hardge
on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:03:09 am

Well I had 10+ "TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS" and 9 or so "TAP-Windows Adapter V9"'s listed with my network devices. From a quick search the verdict seemed to be that they're related to VPN or some anti-virus programs creating connections. The only thing that possibly comes to mind is when I had AVG with 8.1, but I've been rolling with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as backup since updating to 10.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 25, 2015 at 9:23:48 am

Since Windows Vista I have run MS SE, and now Windows Defender exclusively for AV software. Then I scan about once a month with Malware Bytes. I just find other AV software to place to much load on the system for what they are providing.

Glad it is working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]