FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor video quality after rendering [Sony Vegas 10]

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Attfield
Poor video quality after rendering [Sony Vegas 10]
on Sep 20, 2015 at 9:33:33 pm

Good evening! Hopefully someone can help, I've been having problems with the quality of video after rendering. While researching this problem, I discovered that the K-Lite Codec pack could cause problems during rendering with Sony Vegas 10. I do not have any other codec packs installed. I have uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack (K-lite Codec 860 Full) and tried to re-render the video. Unfortunately I had the same result. Is it neccesary to re-install Sony Vegas after the codec pack to ensure clean install?

Attached is the render profile I am using:

The video source of the render is coming from a USB Hard Drive (Samsung M3 Portable 1TB) but the render save location is on a SATA Internal hard drive (Western Digital 7500Rpm - Pretty old, possibly the problem)

Any help is appreciated!

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel I7 3770K 3.5Ghz (Overclocked to 4.6)
8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 670 2GB

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Poor video quality after rendering [Sony Vegas 10]
on Sep 20, 2015 at 11:28:41 pm

Yeah, reinstall Vegas. Then when done, dont render using mainconcept AVC,
try the Sony AVC template instead. And most importantly before you
start any rendering, disable resample on every event you have on the timeline.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Attfield
on Sep 20, 2015 at 11:39:32 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 21, 2015 at 1:32:22 am

ok, let me know...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Attfield
on Sep 21, 2015 at 8:03:49 pm

Good evening! Me again. I'm afriad a re-installation of Sony Vegas didn't work - I still get the same result. I tried setting up project settings and render settings as shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_o7mFAwE0 but that didn't work, (and took 2 hours to render!)

The only thing I haven't tried yet (as I don't have time) is to render using the Sony AVC Template - This was because I was unsure as to which one to select. I would prefer one that produces an mp4 file as I would like to upload to youtube without having to convert a file from m2ts to mp4 (as I'm sure the conversion will cause further quality loss).

Could you advice on what settings to use and under which template?

Attached are my current Project Settings if they're of any use.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 22, 2015 at 5:19:24 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Sep 22, 2015 at 5:46:53 am

Could you provide a few other bits of info?

"Media Info" - most post the "text results" which can be selected in the application. Use this tool on your source media, and report the results.
http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows

Inside Vegas timeline or media window, right click and select properties on your source media. Goto the general tab and post the media info here, specifically looking for the Plug-in information.

Since you installed the K-LITE pack, I would:
Uninstall KLITE
Uninstall Vegas
Use CCleaner Reg cleaner to clear any bad entries
Use Malware Bytes to scan/clean any remaining crapware, and reboot.
Install all MS updates under windows update, and reboot if upgraded.
Verify your GPU driver is the most recent, reboot if upgraded.
Reinstall Vegas and test your output again.
Use something like GPU-Z to verify that your GPU is in use while rendering to MC Encoder with Cuda.

I would do all that after you post your info on your source media.

Also Under the MC Encoder, choosing VBR and using 18Mbs Peak, and 12Mbs Average, 4 slices, and enable progressive download.

Rendering Sony AVC is a good idea too, your profile would be the same as your project settings with about 10Mbs, 16Mbs, or 22Mbs bitrate. YouTube HD is only 8Mbs, but uploading more and allowing YT to toss the rest is preferred.

You could also try rendering to XDCAM-EX and uploading that file to YT.

Hardware wise, I would not think you HDD is holding you back, unless you are attempting to work with uncompressed video sources. You could use something like Speccy, under storage and verify that your HDD MAX transfer mode and Used Transfer Modes are the same. Then under Windows Device Manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, verify that the SATA controller is listed as a AHCI controller. With out AHCI your system will not take advantage of certain drive performance enhancements like NCQ.

Return to posts index

Rick Attfield
on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:33:54 pm

Ok, THE SOLUTION!

After posting this I continued trouble shooting and after uninstalling Vegas again, I made sure the unintall had removed ALL files from my hard drive (Deleted the 'Sony' folder in Program files) - I then went to the registry and deleted ANY entries relating to "Sony Creative Software" - I then reinstalled Vegas and rendered using Sony AVC "Internet 1080-30p"

This has now worked and the rendered video is nice and crisp just like the source video for the project.

I assume it was removing the registry entries that did it, there must have been something pointing to the old K-Lite stuff in there.

Anyway, thanks for your help, all! very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]