FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12 Entire System Crash

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Conlin
Sony Vegas Pro 12 Entire System Crash
on Sep 20, 2015 at 7:27:39 pm

Hello,

I've been having an issue for weeks, where I would try and open Sony Vegas only to find that my entire system becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot my PC. It begins to load the program and then at initializing gpu acceleration, it crashes. I do not have an AMD video card, I have a GTX 760 2GB Superclocked edition, as all of the fixes had to do with the AMD Catalyst Manager in which my system does not possess this feature. I have an Intel i5 4430 processor and I have one monitor running on the on-board graphics for basic uses and my main monitor on my dedicated GPU for more intensive tasks. I have tried re-installing, ctrl+shift clicking the program, changing its properties, unplugging a monitor, looking at the unfinished logs due to the system crash... I am in desperate need of this program and have no solution to my issue. Please take your time to help me out readers. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 Entire System Crash
on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:48:18 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:51:00 am

So have you tried pulling the GPU and running only on your embedded GPU as a test?

Is your system clean and heat fins clean of dust build up?

Have you run something like Malware Bytes to check for crapware?

CCleaner to rid your registry of false entries?

Performed all MS updates, then rebooted?

While the GPU is out, and again installed with latest drivers, run a "winsat formal" from an Admin Command line. Verify this test completes under both configurations. If this test completes fine, I would look at your Vegas install and what is hanging there.

Something in your post seems odd to me. It says you have an NVidia card with onboard Intel graphics, but then you talk about updates to AMD catalyst center? I do not understand this.

System halting or freezing is often times hardware or something that ties up the system into a wait state for something to complete. In the worse case a kernel crash. It is really hard for a forum to understand where you are at in the troubleshooting of the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]