FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Rendering Advice

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bill henry
Simple Rendering Advice
on Sep 12, 2015 at 3:16:19 pm

I'm new at Vegas and especially rendering. I'm a teacher and have created a slideshow with music. If you are familiar with a smartboard, I want to show the video to my class on a smartboard.
I initially rendered as an .avi and I think in HD. It's only a three-minute video with each illustration less than a meg. The audio are two waves linked together (I could turn into mp3). However, the result was spectacular clarity, but 18 gigs! too large for easy transfer and use in my limited PC at school.

Can anyone suggest a render to reduce the size yet maintain as much quality as I can for the smartboard? If so, could you relate your answers to the rendering menu that Vegas Pro 13 presents?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Simple Rendering Advice
on Sep 13, 2015 at 12:25:57 am

In Vegas goto File > Properties, and select from the drop down the format that best matches the resolution of the display at the school. For general info we can just say select the HD1080-30P preset. Import your media, edit it, timeline select the area you want render to output, then File > "render as" and make sure the check box for "Match project Settings" is checked. Then select from the Sony AVC section, an internet 1080-30p profile or one that "=" the project settings. That file should play back on pretty much any player device, tablet, or media player window.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Simple Rendering Advice
on Sep 13, 2015 at 12:09:28 pm

You can also follow Aaron's instructions and use MainConcept AVC as well. I'm guessing the Internet HD 720p template will give you lots of quality as well. You might want to lower the bit rate to make the file even smaller if you need to. Just press the Customize Template button and lower the bitrate setting. Depending on your content, you may be able to lower it to 4,000,000 or 3,000,000 and still have good quality.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]