FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Arch 6 Question on NTSC to PAL?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
DVD Arch 6 Question on NTSC to PAL?
on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:58:50 am

Is it possible to take a DVD Arch 6 archive file that the program makes and pull it back into DVD Arch and make a DVD again? I found the Audio_TS and Video _TS folders. They have files in them, but when I try to open them in DVD Arch you cant see the files in the Video_TS folder.

If the Answer is yes (I hope) - How? Please

2nd is it also possible to then to render it out as a PAL DVD from a NTSC DVD Arch Program archive? (I hope)
Thank You

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 16GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
GeForce GTX 960

PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
3-4 TB HD
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
XFX Radeon R9 290

Vegas 13 & Adobe Production Premium CS6 & -Edius 7.5 Pro -Sony Catalyst Production Suite

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: DVD Arch 6 Question on NTSC to PAL?
on Sep 12, 2015 at 2:09:42 pm

[Don Cobble] "Is it possible to take a DVD Arch 6 archive file that the program makes and pull it back into DVD Arch and make a DVD again?"
What is a DVD Architect archive file? I've never heard of that. There are project files with a .dar extension but I'm not sure what an archive file is. If you don't have the project .dar file, I don't think you can do anything.
[Don Cobble] "I found the Audio_TS and Video _TS folders. They have files in them, but when I try to open them in DVD Arch you cant see the files in the Video_TS folder."
That's correct. The Audio_TS and Video _TS folders are the actual DVD output. If you have the project file, DVD Architect can determine what files in the Audio_TS and Video _TS folders need to be regenerated but it doesn't read those files into the project in any way because they are output only.
[Don Cobble] "2nd is it also possible to then to render it out as a PAL DVD from a NTSC DVD Arch Program archive? (I hope)"
Only if you have the original files that you used to create the DVD in the first place because the NTSC video needs to be re-rendered to PAL format. This can only be accomplished with the original video as far as I know.

If all you have are the Audio_TS and Video _TS folders, then DVD Architect will be no help to you. What you have is an already authored DVD with no project information. You might try finding a DVD ripping program that can do conversions from existing DVD's. Be very careful what you download... DVD ripping programs are often accompanied by malware and viruses.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on Sep 12, 2015 at 5:15:16 pm

Sir John pardon the home made terminology:
[What is a DVD Architect archive file?]
I mean the (prepare folder) where DVD Arch keeps all the previous prepared projects with files.

Where would I find the .dar file?

What I was trying to do is open the previous dvd project in DVDArch and then change the project settings to PAL and then burn the same project in PAL? Am I dreaming?

I have the original project in Vegas, but the files are cineform AVI and for what ever reason when I try to render the project again the files are inadvertently jumping between program track A&B during render - just a frame or two at random times???? I needed this DVD in PAL so I thought just to go to the DVD prepare folder and run it as a PAL output.

Thank You John

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 16GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
GeForce GTX 960

PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
3-4 TB HD
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
XFX Radeon R9 290

Vegas 13 & Adobe Production Premium CS6 & -Edius 7.5 Pro -Sony Catalyst Production Suite

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Sep 13, 2015 at 3:31:54 pm

[Don Cobble] "Where would I find the .dar file?"
Wherever you saved it! This is your project file that gets created when you use File | Save in DVD Architect. I keep all of my DVD assets in a folder under my Vegas Pro project and I place my DVD Architect project file in the same folder as my Vegas Pro project file so that I have everything in one place.
[Don Cobble] "What I was trying to do is open the previous dvd project in DVDArch and then change the project settings to PAL and then burn the same project in PAL? Am I dreaming?"
Nope no dream. All you need is the project file which should have a .dar extensions just like Vegas Pro projects have a .veg extension.
[Don Cobble] "I needed this DVD in PAL so I thought just to go to the DVD prepare folder and run it as a PAL output."
That won't work. The video needs to be cropped to the PAL aspect and re-rendered. DVD Architect isn't going to do that for you. DVD Architect will make a PAL compliant DVD but if your movie is NTSC is will happily put the NTSC move on the PAL DVD.

What you should have done is rendered your entire project to a master CineForm AVI file (or some other high quality format). Then you could have repurposed that AVI file for NTSC or PAL quite easily.

Here is what you could do given where you are now:

Open a new PAL project in Vegas Pro. Use File | Import | DVD Camcorder Disc... and point to the folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder. This will import your MPEG2 movie. Then drop it back on the Vegas Pro timeline, open Pan/Crop and right-click the frame window and select Match Output Aspect. Make sure nothing critical got cut off (because NTSC and PAL use different dimensions). Finally render to MPEG2 PAL DVD. Then drop that into a PAL DVD Architect project and recreate your menus and render as a PAL DVD. Unless you can find your original DVD Architect project file, you'll need to recreate all the menus again from scratch.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Sep 14, 2015 at 10:07:53 am

In addition to John's excellent suggestions, here's one to consider if your DVD has more than one VOB file in it as this avoids the audio gap that you get using the File -Import method.

Thanks to Gary James for this technique.

Vegas allows you to open up a DVD .IFO file. This imports the entire .VOB chain for both video and audio tracks.

First: Import the entire DVD onto your hard drive.

Click File / Open, then navigate to your VIDEO_TS sub directory and enter *.IFO in the File name input field. For a regular DVD you will see a VIDEO_TS.IFO, and a VTS_01_0.IFO. Select the VTS_01_0.IFO file and click on Open. Don't try this on a DVD disk because Vegas will try to build an .sfk file containing audio peaks in the VIDEO_TS directory.

One other advantage of this method is that it imports the DVD title chapters and creates media markers at the chapter points. There are plenty of add-in utilities or scripts out there that can convert these to regular track markers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]