FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-Sync Takes AFTER Multi Cam is created?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Matson
Re-Sync Takes AFTER Multi Cam is created?
on Sep 8, 2015 at 7:53:21 pm

So - long dance video - dozens of dances - two cams. I've done many of these so I know the drill. Sync up cams with plural eyes and make multi cam track and do the edits/splits - works great. Problem - don't know how it happened, but on portions of this one, the takes are NOT in sync - dunno if they just weren't to start with or if something bizarre happened.

In my case - cam 1 is "on" with the audio and cam 2 is way ahead. If I use the "sync by moving" command while cam2 is the active take - it moves it into place just fine, but also now moves cam 1 out of place and vice versa. Is there a way to just move and re-sync ONE take of the multi cam track takes. THANKS!

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
Re: Re-Sync Takes AFTER Multi Cam is created?
on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:03:41 pm

I'm sure you've done this... but "ungroup"?

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Sep 9, 2015 at 6:37:23 pm

no luck there - the takes on the multi-cam track don't seem to be grouped together in the standard way - so unless I'm missing something?

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Sep 9, 2015 at 6:47:57 pm

hmmmmm - moving the out-of-sync take by "slipping" seems to leave the other take unaffected and therefore works - if so - this is the solution - I'll report back if not - otherwise, assume it works.

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

Neal Barlow
on Sep 10, 2015 at 7:03:59 pm

I've had it happen before. I don't know why it drifts, but it does. Here is what I do:

I cut the multicam clip in between the dances and then duplicate the clip - as if I am going to make a multicam clip again. I choose "delete active take" on the clip witch will now switch each clip to opposite takes - I do my master on top, and then my closeup on the bottom. Resync the out of sync clip and then make a new Multicam based on those two files.

It's a little bit of work, but it saves a head ache later on. Actually what would really help is to find out why it drifted in the first place.

For what it is worth,

Neal Barlow
To The Skies Productions
Gh2,Gh3, Canon XA10, Sony Vegas 13, Adobe CC2014 and Stuff, cause that's the real secret ingredient.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Sep 10, 2015 at 7:22:31 pm

Something like this is a reason I always save different projects before and after I create my multicamera track. Always use Save As before major changes to a project you may want to go back to, and back up your current project while it works with a separate Vegas file that just takes seconds.

I learned the hard way several times.

Return to posts index

Neal Barlow
on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:39:08 am

I save a "Sync" file right before I multicam merge. Then I save that as "Multi." Which has always allowed me to go back to a pre-synced if I needed too, however; I will say that when the drift happens, and I calm down from freaking out, I do what I mentioned above and I'm able to correct the drift.

I've only had it happen a few times though. Usually when I have had more than one camera in the mix.

Neal Barlow
To The Skies Productions
Gh2,Gh3, Canon XA10, Sony Vegas 13, Adobe CC2014 and Stuff, cause that's the real secret ingredient.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Sep 11, 2015 at 1:45:43 am

It is not unusual for the camera's "clock" to be slightly off from the "clock" on another camera. That will cause a drift when compared to another camera or recording device. I use the audio from a camera to synch the camera to a second camera, and to an audio recorder so that all three are synchronized. The audio recorder is what produces the master audio track. Thus, there is no opportunity loss of synchronization in the audio. However, the video can still drift out of synch, and need correction.

From what I have seen, there is a substantial boost in the price of a camera if you want it to synch with a common time signal to avoid this kind of drift.

Return to posts index

Ken Matson
on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:52:33 pm

So appreciate all the thoughts. To clarify - I DO always save a "just before multi cam created" version of projects. I had already done a lot of editing of this one though after multi-cam to go back that far.

Also - this wasn't a "Drift" - this was several sections off 8 or so seconds. I had synced originally to audio using plural eyes - these were either sections I somehow missed originally or something bizarre happened. In any case, using the "synchronize by slipping" command worked perfectly, so all is well now. Thanks All!

KenM
Sound Works R&P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]