FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the smallest possible 720p render file on Sony Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Anthony
What is the smallest possible 720p render file on Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 6, 2015 at 9:12:06 am

I'm rendering videos in 720p and I want to get them as small as possible (I've gotten it to about 500Mb so far). I just want it to be in 720p but still keep the quality as good as possible

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: What is the smallest possible 720p render file on Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 6, 2015 at 3:18:01 pm

File size is determined by bit rate alone. How low a bit rate you can use without affecting quality is dependent on the contents of your media so there is no definitive answer to that question.

Keep lowering the bit rate until the video quality is unacceptable. Then use the previous bit rate. That's as small as you can get it.

If you use MainConcept AVC to make a 720p MP4 file, be sure to use the Two Pass option. This will squeeze the best quality out of the lowest bit rates.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: What is the smallest possible 720p render file on Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Sep 6, 2015 at 10:23:29 pm

There is one strategy which may help. It is called the binomial rule. Establish an upper boundary on the bit rate and render it. If it is OK, pick a much lower bit rate as a lower boundary. Something that is reasonable, but perhaps too ambitious. Render it. If it looks OK, use it as a new upper boundary. Then, try an even lower bit rate, and start over. If it is NOT OK, pick a bit rate half way between the upper and lower boundary. If its OK, set it as a new upper boundary and try again. If its not OK, set it as a new lower boundary and try again.

You will zero in on the right bit rate much more quickly than if you try to work it down one step at a time.

It is really much simpler and easier than it sounds. I hope that description is not too confusing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]