FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad quality wmv-file (because of Win10?)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadine Dior
Bad quality wmv-file (because of Win10?)
on Sep 5, 2015 at 10:42:30 pm

Hello everybody,

a stupid problem occured. Some weeks ago I updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10. So I wanted to edit a video today with wmv-files (I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 11), and they turned out in such a bad quality! Checked them on a normal video player and everything was fine. Rendering didn't change the look as well. They are totally pixelated and have artifacts. But I already used those video files before! And everything was totally fine (back when I had Win7, so I guess that's the problem)
Oh other files, like .mp4 for example, had no problem at all.
Anyone else got this? Any solution yet?

Greetings,
Nadine

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Bad quality wmv-file (because of Win10?)
on Sep 7, 2015 at 1:52:31 am

I'm confused. Are you saying you checked the source files on a normal video player, and they looked fine? Then, "Rendering didn't change the look as well". What look was not changed by rendering?

Return to posts index

Nadine Dior
on Sep 7, 2015 at 4:09:22 pm

I checked the wmv-file in a video player (all looked good)
but as soon as I used it in Vegas it looked like I described
I thought it might be a preview error, so I tried rendering a sequence (with shift+b), but this didn't change anything of the look in Vegas

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Sep 8, 2015 at 11:43:24 pm

What does Mediainfo say about these files? Specifically, what does it say about the file type for the video part of the file? Also, what are you rendering to, and at what bit rate?

BTW, I do not know about Win 10. I have not installed it, and I have no plans to do so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]