FORUMS: list search recent posts

can Sony Vegas render into HLS?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hauge
can Sony Vegas render into HLS?
on Sep 5, 2015 at 3:21:57 am

Good day everyone!

I was just asked to convert a single video file into HLS to put online but I've never done anything with HLS before and never used ffmpeg or anything like that and it all seems a bit overwhelming to me right now...

Can Sony Vegas (I have 13) render into HLS, if so, how, if not, could anyone help me with this one file or what I should do??

I really don't know about HLS and am hoping for some help in this so I'm not so lost in the future too, so a good (and more simple) intro you could point me to would be wonderful...

Thanks!
--James

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: can Sony Vegas render into HLS?
on Sep 5, 2015 at 5:34:49 am
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Sep 5, 2015 at 5:35:36 am

[James Hauge] "Can Sony Vegas (I have 13) render into HLS, if so, how, if not, could anyone help me with this one file or what I should do??"
No. HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) is a very specific packaging developed by Apple for streaming media to Apple mobile devices (and some newer Android devices). Apple provides a free tool to make media segment files and playlists from MPEG-2 transport streams carrying H.264 video, AAC audio, or MP3 audio. Obviously you'll need a Mac to use these.
[James Hauge] "I really don't know about HLS and am hoping for some help in this so I'm not so lost in the future too, so a good (and more simple) intro you could point me to would be wonderful..."
Try these:

Apple HTTP Live Streaming Developers Guide
The Definitive Guide to HLS

There are companies who can create these packages for you or you can use the Apple Developer Tools. Also Safari is the only browser that supports HLS natively if you need to test the HLS packages that you create.

Bottom line: your client wants you to develop content for Apple devices and you own a PC. You may need to use a service like zencoder.com or encoding.com to do this for you if you don't have a Mac.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]